Recent content by Dkm

  1. D

    TKR 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)

    No swelling, A little bit of heat, But the same level I would expect If I had a soft tissue injury. Nothing over the top, just kind of an odd situation. I appreciate the support that I should investigate Further. That was very much what I was looking for when I came back on about this. I wasn't...
  2. D

    TKR 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)

    Thank you for the quick reply and the support. No significant changes in activity. What is throwing me is that rest doesn't necessarily improve it. For example it was bothering me a yesterday but I just woke up at 5 AM and it is significantly worse. I keep reading that one of the symptoms is...
  3. D

    TKR 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)

    Hello everyone, I have been absent from here for a couple of years and was moving on with life and enjoying my return to activity. However, I need your insights again as something has changed. My right knee is 4 years out and doing well. My left one will be 4 years in March of 2023. It has never...
  4. D

    Bilateral TKR Lene' two new knees

    How are you doing now I've had a similar thing in my first knee early on. Now at the 8-month mark it seems to be coming back and I just started having some hip discomfort. My second knee is four and a half months out and is having the same issue. It is like under pressure the patella is being...
  5. D

    TKR 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)

    Just an update everything going much better. Thanks everybody for the support along the way. Approaching week 4
  6. D

    TKR 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)

    Thanks so much! Things were way better within 12 hours. When I hit this low I was also starting to wean off Percocet. I decided to go back up to my old level and things improved immediately. I had a similar issue last time when I try to reduce Percocet too soon. Things have had made a huge...
  7. D

    TKR 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)

    Dressing came off well. They're actually steri-strips under it. Incision looks great. On a completely different note, I have been struggling the last couple of days, I am just in that funk a Feeling like I'm in the trenches. I think specific oh, I think you all know how you get tired of it I...
  8. D

    TKR 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)

    Yup excellent point. Thanks All in all, things are progressing well with this leg.
  9. D

    TKR 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)

    I am not sure you saw my second post. My os office is not open this week. I do not see him until week 3. So, I have to deal with it or use my gp. I want to be informed so I can guide my Gp. I am only planning on going to my gp as I would prefer a dr took a look at the incision. Thanks for the...
  10. D

    TKR 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)

    Thanks for the quick reply. The reason I'm asking is it's a bit of an odd situation. I'm not seeing my OS until 3 weeks after surgery. I have instructions to take the aquacel off after 2 weeks. But I have no further instructions about what to do once it's off. So I thought I would book with my...
  11. D

    TKR 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)

    Stitches vs staples. I had staples for my first knee. However, I had dissolving stitches for knee number 2 due to a possible reaction to the staples and internal stitches on knee 1. Time sensitive question:. I had Steri-strips after the staples came out. Do they usually do Steri-strips after...
  12. D

    TKR 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)

    Thank you @bottomshollow
  13. D

    TKR 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)

    Please change the title of my thread 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)
  14. D

    TKR 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)

    It is specific for scarring. I got mine off Amazon. In essence all it does is creates a barrier to keep it from drying out but also allows oxygen through. At one point how my scar felt was the most restrictive thing I had going. Having that calm down was a huge help. I'm not in my office as of...
  15. D

    TKR 2 second knee now done. ( 3.5m apart)

    Yep for sure. However my friend who teaches nursing in an Ortho Ward says she has seen this even when a patient has not pushed anything. Just a really extreme pain spike when the nerve block goes away. Because my first one was a spinal with sedation and no nerve block I had no base of...
Back
Top Bottom