Recent content by DizzyBlond

  1. DizzyBlond

    TKR Robin’s Road to RTKR Recovery

    I'm a little late to the official 3 month party - but hopefully better late than never! :wave: How kind of you to remember my end-of-Spetember busyness, @Layla! It has been a whirlwind of many commitments - in fact, I'm now back to my pre-op level of participation at work, with much more on...
  2. DizzyBlond

    TKR Robin’s Road to RTKR Recovery

    This isn’t where I expected to be at the 10 week mark, but here I am, seeming to have hit an exceptionally long stay on the ODIC bench - I’d so appreciate any thoughts on how to proceed from here! :sigh: Back story: I was having a great week last week - so good, in fact, that I went out to...
  3. DizzyBlond

    TKR Robin’s Road to RTKR Recovery

    @Layla Thank you, my BoneSmart friend! Without question I’ll be hopping on for answers, suggestions, and reassurance in the days ahead! So grateful for all the wisdom, advice, and experience to be found on this great forum. :SUNsmile:
  4. DizzyBlond

    TKR Robin’s Road to RTKR Recovery

    Thanks so much, @Layla! My 2 month check-in finds me enjoying more and more “regular” life, while continuing to try to find the balance between “too much” and “not enough” when it comes to activity and PT/exercising. :chinstroke: This long and non-linear recovery can be so puzzling - just when...
  5. DizzyBlond

    TKR Robin’s Road to RTKR Recovery

    @mendogal I have to say, it’s a bit disconcerting! So glad to know this is a common occurrence and that I’ll eventually acclimate!
  6. DizzyBlond

    TKR Robin’s Road to RTKR Recovery

    @Layla Thank you so much! Sometimes it’s hard to tell if I’m any different than I was 2 weeks ago as I live in recovery mode! (One day just seems so much like the day before, and progress is sometimes difficult to measure as it arrives in the tiniest increments! I think it was @mendogal who...
  7. DizzyBlond

    TKR Robin’s Road to RTKR Recovery

    @selketine Well, I think I’ll have a better idea of how it went when I wake up tomorrow! Though I think I’ll be working with a few different therapists, my first visit included an evaluation with a nice, though no-nonsense, therapist who then had me work on a variety of quad strengthening...
  8. DizzyBlond

    TKR Robin’s Road to RTKR Recovery

    @selketine Thanks so much for your input! My number one concern at the PT clinic is exactly what you experienced - being able to do all the exercises while I’m there, but then paying for it later! I absolutely agree with you about breaking up the number of repetitions throughout the day! I...
  9. DizzyBlond

    TKR Robin’s Road to RTKR Recovery

    3 weeks PO today! Perhaps the most challenging thing for me so far is the slowness of recovery! (Repeat after me - “Patience is a virtue! Patience is a virtue! :yes:) Even though I began this journey with my eyes wide open to the 12+ months of recovery that might be required, these first few...
  10. DizzyBlond

    TKR Robin’s Road to RTKR Recovery

    First hard lesson in this recovery journey: Don’t push it! :sad: I’d been feeling so good, I decided to step my activity up a bit - getting up and walking for 10 mins every hour or 2, throwing in occasional heel slides and leg-straightening quad sets throughout the day. At the end of the day I...
  11. DizzyBlond

    TKR Robin’s Road to RTKR Recovery

    @mendogal, @Jockette - YES! This makes so much sense! (I must not have gotten to that article yet! ;-) A bit nervous about PT - I already picture the people-pleasing part of me going along with an ill-advised therapist so as to not rock the boat and to prove I’m doing well. Going to have to...
  12. DizzyBlond

    TKR Robin’s Road to RTKR Recovery

    Day 6 post-op check-in: Well, the tender and swollen quad has arrived, along with more pain throughout the entire knee! :sad: Still manageable with icing, elevating, Motrin and Tylenol, but starting to get concerned that I might need something stronger for the PT clinic appointments a few weeks...
  13. DizzyBlond

    TKR Robin’s Road to RTKR Recovery

    And just like that, no longer am I waiting on the pre-op side of things! Today I’m 4 days post-op - I’m going to try to detail my recovery journey both for future reference for myself, as well as for anyone else who might want to follow along! (Reading other people’s experiences helped me...
  14. DizzyBlond

    TKR A few more pre-op questions…

    Thanks so much, @Layla! :SUNsmile: The hospital is sending me pre-op texts regarding the surgery prep for today and tomorrow morning (including a reminder to relax, take deep breaths, and go to bed early!)….the ice machine is in place…. I’ve got plenty of pillows at the ready…. the kitchen is...
  15. DizzyBlond

    TKR July TKR

    @wofsie Thanks so much! :) Today is a “finish the laundry,” “water all the indoor and outdoor plants,” and “lots of deep breaths” kind of day! (And wouldn’t you know it, some poor animal apparently got stuck in the crawl space underneath my house and sadly died there within in the past few...
Back
Top Bottom