Recent content by dirtdydog

  1. dirtdydog

    THR superpath surprise

    @Josephine, I went back to work @ 4 weeks working 4-6 hours a day. I am at desk where they allow me to get up as needed to walk or stretch. I use an exercise bike for 10 minutes a day with no resistance. I do some light minor stretches once per day, nothing painful. If I take my pain pills every...
  2. dirtdydog

    THR superpath surprise

    I am just over 10 weeks since I had RTHR via the Super Path procedure. I am still having extreme deep pain in the front quad area if I come off my Percocet pain pills. I know everyone heels different, but should I be worried at 10 weeks with still needing to take pain pills to control pain. My...
  3. dirtdydog

    Need to get back to work quickly

    I cannot emphasize enough that 2 weeks is way to early. I had the same motivation, as I had 2 weeks sick time, and sat at a desk ALL day, and was paid 100% commission. I asked my DR to release me with some restrictions at 4 weeks. Now looking back I wish I would have taken the full 8-10 weeks...
  4. dirtdydog

    THR superpath surprise

    Anyone else still taking percocets 5-325mg at 8 weeks post op? Im still having a ton of pain in my mid quad area. Still trying to rest, ice, and elevate it as well as stretch it out every hour. I do sit at a desk job for 9-10 hours a day.
  5. dirtdydog

    THR superpath surprise

    Went swimming for the first time this evening. Felt good until I tried to get out of the pool. Had a hard time getting out on my own, had to get help. Unable to put any pressure on my operated leg when trying to step out of the pool without extreme pain.
  6. dirtdydog

    THR superpath surprise

    Do compression shorts help with THR recovery?
  7. dirtdydog

    THR superpath surprise

    I bought a neo G hip/groin brace that seems to offer a little relief. Just a little concerned that it wont allow the muscle to strengthen as quickly.
  8. dirtdydog

    THR superpath surprise

    @Jaycey, Doing nothing abnormal besides my daily routine of work. Yes, Ice is my best friend, but it hasn't even touched the pain the last few days. I did almost take a tumble on with my foot getting caught on carpet but caught myself before falling 4-5 days ago. I know everyone heals...
  9. dirtdydog

    THR superpath surprise

    I am 7 weeks post op. I don't know what I did over the weekend, but I am in extreme pain in the middle of my front Quad. Went from no walking devices to having to use 2 crutches. P/T was able to massage some tightness in the area which gave some temporary relief but returned with a vengeance...
  10. dirtdydog

    THR superpath surprise

    Hello, I am 4 weeks post op on my RTHR. While I was starting to feel great, I was planning on going back to work light duty tomorrow. Mostly sitting at a desk. However yesterday energy wise, I felt like I hit a brick wall. Today no energy. I know everyone heals differently, but is this normal at...
  11. dirtdydog

    THR superpath surprise

    Just curious I am 2 weeks post op. I have been taking it easy and going 3 days a week to physical therapy where they have been doing gentle stretching. I decided today to try and walk without a walker, while I was able to walk without pain, there was a very noticeable limp. Is it safe to do this...
  12. dirtdydog

    THR superpath surprise

    I will give her your message. I wish everyone who has gone through THR has a spouse/angel like I do. It makes it easier to recovery when you have a loved one to look after you. Between her and this website it puts your mind at ease for recovery. I have enjoyed reading everyone's recovery post...
  13. dirtdydog

    THR superpath surprise

    Gummy the pain I have been in I would have done any type of surgery. It ended up being a blessing, but I'm am one of those people that over researches things. I had total conformance in this physician when we were talking about doing the posterior approach due to my 300lb weight. He took 30...
  14. dirtdydog

    THR superpath surprise

    Found out the hard way. Even though I have read it over & over on the website. I tried a couple of small walks 2-3 minutes every hour results, felt good like it wasn't so did. So I tried 5 minute walks both with a Walker & crutches, now I was getting confident. Decided to push it to 10 minutes...
  15. dirtdydog

    THR superpath surprise

    So far I seam pleased 48 hours after my surgery. While I know and lots of ice is my best friend, what about a heating pad about10-15 minutes before I go on a walk a bout? I was hoping it would loosen up some of the pressure. trying to remain patient, my lovely wife is reminding to stay patient...
Back
Top Bottom