Recent content by DinVegas

  1. DinVegas

    THR New Hip was the best Christmas present

    My one month anniversary slipped right by me. I'm recovering well, I think much better than with my first hip replacement. I still sometimes over work my leg and have to step back and restrict some movements. The PA at my doctor's office has been great to talk to. I explained what was...
  2. DinVegas

    THR New Hip was the best Christmas present

    I may have joined the ODIC in the last few days. It doesn’t seem like I did that much but my right leg hurts to walk on. I’ve doubled up on icing and although I had put away my walker - I just pulled it out again. I feel more balanced using the walker than my cane. I’m able to take some of the...
  3. DinVegas

    THR New Hip was the best Christmas present

    I had my second hip replacement on December 17 and am happy to report I am feeling pretty great. It was different from my first, in that the drugs made me more loopy and I had to request additional medication for break through pain prior to leaving the hospital. I could not imagine driving...
  4. DinVegas

    THR Pain & Swelling

    Call your doctor. With my first hip replacement I had a sudden increase in pain after the third week of recovery. I had been up and about and all of a sudden felt awful. The doctor's assistant suggested it was because of increased activity and really didn't offer any solutions (like the...
  5. DinVegas

    THR New Right Hip for Christmas

    Sorry for my absence. I'll update in the post surgery forum.
  6. DinVegas

    THR New Right Hip for Christmas

    I'm one week out from my surgery and pretty excited to be done with this pain. I have stocked my freezer with casseroles and soup dinners. My downstairs guest room is set up for my first few nights at home. I have some projects that I can do while recovering set up. My pre-op appointment is...
  7. DinVegas

    THR New Right Hip for Christmas

    Yes it's my right hip - I fixed it in my post.
  8. DinVegas

    THR New Right Hip for Christmas

    I'm down to 26 days until my RTHR and I'm pretty excited. I had a hip injection at the beginning of October and scheduled my hip surgery at the same time. The injection kept be sort of comfortable on a vacation but it's since worn off and I am constantly aware of my hurting hip. Sleeping is...
  9. DinVegas

    THR A New Hip in Vegas

    I have an update on my surgery/right hip injection. As I was preparing for my left THR, I was also preparing for a trip to Capri in October. As my left hip healed my right hip let me know it was hurting. My doctor agreed to a hip injection prior to my trip. I received the hip injection three...
  10. DinVegas

    THR A New Hip in Vegas

    @ForumUser Thank you for your reply and reassurance regarding the steroid shot. I went through series of shots for my knees and know that after a time they don't work. I've been nervous about the hip shot because it's more involved but I can deal with 30 seconds for the shot. I'm hoping that I...
  11. DinVegas

    Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    One thing that assisted me with recovery from my knee replacements and hip replacement was a cervical support pillow. Designed to support your neck while sleeping on your back, this pillow has converted me into a back sleeper. It's a common complaint that it's hard to get comfortable sleeping...
  12. DinVegas

    THR Hiptopia!

    I made my mother-in-law a black velvet covered cushion that had braided trim that she was able to use as handles. She took it with her to fancy dinners where she thought the chairs might be uncomfortable and just pretended it was a purse.
  13. DinVegas

    THR A New Hip in Vegas

    Hi @Layla , I've been meaning to post since last Thursday. Shortly after my last post I realized that I didn't need my walker so much, plus my incision had healed completely so I could start exercising in the pool. That made a huge difference in my regaining strength and confidence. I ditched...
  14. DinVegas

    THR A New Hip in Vegas

    I realized the other day that I was relying on my walker way too much. I was putting a lot of my weight onto the handles; I was able to get around faster but I was not doing myself any favors. My left hand has been going numb in the fingertips, probably because of my shoulder and back tensing...
  15. DinVegas

    THR A New Hip in Vegas

    My woes are probably caused by the "over did it club". I took it pretty easy over the weekend but decided to cook an easy dinner. I went to work part time yesterday and iced for a total of about 4 hours when I went home. I was still pretty achy at bedtime so I massaged CBD oil into my sore...
Back
Top Bottom