Recent content by Diamond77

  1. Diamond77

    THR Diamond77 on the recovery side

    Hello everyone. It has been a while since I have visited. Long story short, had my first hip done in April 2022. Thanks to the amazing encouragement and advice from the people here, everything went well and this began my recovery. In December 2022 I had my second hip done. That one felt even...
  2. Diamond77

    THR Diamond77 on the recovery side

    Hello everyone. I hope you are all recovering well. I had my right THR in mid-April, so I’m just about 3 1/2 months out right now. I’m writing because…well…I’m just not progressing to where I want to be. By now I would have hoped to be completely pain free but that’s not the case. I have pain on...
  3. Diamond77

    THR Diamond77 on the recovery side

    Hello! Thank you for the anniversary wishes. Hard to believe it has been two months. Things feel pretty good for the most part. I actually stopped by to see if anyone can advise me on some pain I’ve been having. I’m now two months out, but there is still pain when I lift my leg in a forward...
  4. Diamond77

    THR Diamond77 on the recovery side

    Today marks 6 weeks post op. I feel mostly fantastic. The incision had been feeling sore for some reason this week. Looked at it in the mirror and they forgot to remove a staple. It has been digging in, pinching and starting to itch. Of course, I very stupidly thought I could remove it myself...
  5. Diamond77

    THR Diamond77 on the recovery side

    Thanks Layla! I feel great. I’m anxious to get out and start doing the things I have missed. I know I still need to take it easy for another few weeks. Don’t want to mess things up. :)
  6. Diamond77

    THR On the Other Side

    This is how I feel too. I feel so incredibly out of shape and weak. I cannot wait to be able to do more exercises. Congrats on feeling better each day! You must be so relieved this is your last recovery.
  7. Diamond77

    THR Diamond77 on the recovery side

    Hello everyone. Well, I got my staples out yesterday. For as nervous as I was about it, it was fine. There were a couple that pinched but out of the 30+ that were in there, it wasn’t bad at all. The wound looks great. It’s a little sore today but that’s probably because it was messed with. For...
  8. Diamond77

    THR Rhonda k’s recovery

    Oh good! So glad to hear it wasn’t bad. Ugh, sorry about the steri strips. Just one more thing to have to clean up.
  9. Diamond77

    THR Diamond77 on the recovery side

    Nice! Another person from the Cornhusker state! :thumb: I agree with your statement that we are not too good at being patient. I think part of my problem is I’ve been dealing with that dang pain for so long, I’m just ready to get on with things. And that I have two young kids. I feel bad that...
  10. Diamond77

    THR Rhonda k’s recovery

    Was it painful getting your staples out? I hope not. So glad you are finally rid of them.
  11. Diamond77

    THR Diamond77 on the recovery side

    Thanks all for the advice. I definitely think I have been using the Walker incorrectly from the start. Mine also has two wheels in front but rubber pads on the back legs. I haven’t been gliding it along but rather picking it up with each step. I will try pushing it like a shopping cart. That...
  12. Diamond77

    THR Diamond77 on the recovery side

    Hello everyone. I’m wondering if walking without a walker or cane does harm to recovery. I’m not liking the Walker because it hurts my hand. And it’s unwieldy. Not liking the cane because it doesn’t feel steady and I’m not coordinated in using it. I walked from my driveway to the end of our...
  13. Diamond77

    THR On the Other Side

    Wow! The pain you must have endured for all of that….I can’t imagine. I’m so happy for you that all of the surgery is now behind you. Wishing you lots of luck in this final recovery and a quick job search. It is rewarding to be employed and feel like you’re doing something worthwhile, so I can...
  14. Diamond77

    THR In recovery mode

    Welcome. I’m fairly new to this site as well but wow, the people and information here can’t be beat. Glad you found it. Curious if you had to do all over again, if you would do the 5:30-11:30 surgery. Did you like the in and out method or do think more time with professional care would have been...
  15. Diamond77

    THR Rhonda k’s recovery

    I’m so sorry to hear about your staples. I have just under 2 weeks left with mine and I am anxious about getting them out. It will be at the three week mark that they come out. Five weeks sounds awful. :sad: I would be curious to hear your OS’s reasons.
Back
Top Bottom