Recent content by Desire

  1. Desire

    THR This time right side

    Hello, I had operation of my right hip in Belgium on Wednesday, July 5th. Dr Koen de Smet, who I would recommend to anybody, did the operation. Everything seems fine. I started walking with crutches and have little pain which is tolerable. I Hope everything goes well and I regain my health as...
  2. Desire

    Back again after two years

    Thank you Clipper, I hope everything goes well for me as well...
  3. Desire

    Back again after two years

    Hello everyone, Last time I was here after my surgery in may 2015. Everything was perfect for one year then my other hip started aching and became so painful that I could no longer walk without pain(( So here I am, for my second operation from my right hip this time... Although I have ben...
  4. Desire

    2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

    Hello we seem to have similar history. I had my first operation in may 2015 , and two years later I need to have the other hip operated. I hadnt expected this (( It was perfect for one year, then the other one started aching terribly... Hopefully eveything will be much better since I have too...
  5. Desire

    2017 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

    I will have THR from my right hip on July 5th. I had a similar operation for my left hip in 2015. I hope İt goes as good as the other one))
  6. Desire

    THR update after 3 months

    Hi Gummy Bears, I feel just the way you described, like something different is there...Hopefully that feeling wil disappear n time... I had the operation almost two weeks after you, can you now wear socks or tie your shoes??? How long can you walk daily? I would like to learn about your...
  7. Desire

    THR update after 3 months

    Hi, I don't feel the movement interface between the ball and the socket at all. What I feel on my upper leg is not pain, just the presence of something different there...
  8. Desire

    THR 2nd Hip Replacement

    Hello, I'm facing a similiar problem...I had LTHR 3 months ago, my hip is doing fine and I feel very well. In the mean time, my other hip started aching and have limitations in movement. During my latest control, the doctor said I will need this hip to be replaced in the coming years as well..He...
  9. Desire

    THR update after 3 months

    Dear All, It has been almost 3 months after my THR surgery in Belgium. I believe I was quite lucky during the recovery period since I had minor pains, started walking immediately and returned to driving and work...I went to physiothreaphy for 10 sessions and swam as much as possible and think...
  10. Desire

    THR Pain in the buttock

    Thank you Jamie. I couldn't change the name of the thread thats why i started a new one. How can I do it? Thanks for the info about pain.
  11. Desire

    THR Pain in the buttock

    Hello, it has been 4 weeks and everything seems fine. I walk with one crutch. However, I have some pain in my left buttock since two days. Do you think this is normal? What would you advise? Thanks, Desire
  12. Desire

    THR Pain in the buttock

    Hello, I had my THR 3 weeks ago.. Thanks God.I feel quite well, I usually walk with one crutch at home, but use 2 crutches when I go outside to walk... I started doing exercises at home 2 weeks ago, i am doing them once everyday for about 20 minutes. I would like to get your ideas for going to a...
  13. Desire

    THR Pain in the buttock

    Hello everybody, Since it is my first THR operation , I would like to know what I can expect to do after one month, two months, etc. Walking, swimming, other sports, driving, kneeling ? And What I shouldnt do for a long time, carrying bags, crossing the legs, wearing high heels, running?? Can...
  14. Desire

    THR Pain in the buttock

    Thank you all... Tomorrow I'm going back to Turkey. I can walk with one crutch and have little pain... I'm happy with the recovery phase up to now, I hope it continues like this and gets better each day...
  15. Desire

    THR Pain in the buttock

    Hi Dan, The hospital food was not too bad...you could make choices if you wanted. ı was very happy with the care and hygiene... Now I am at the hotel, Linda is the phisiotherapist looking after me and she is very nice)) I'm happy with the recovery up yo now, I hope it continues like this and...
Back
Top Bottom