Recent content by Denmother

  1. Denmother

    TKR Im losing my confidence

    I would definitely talk to your Surgeon!
  2. Denmother

    TKR Im losing my confidence

    Everyone is different so I'd be lying if I said otherwise. I did 3 rounds of PT (24 visits) from Oct-Dec 2015 and ran out of benefits. I had my PT give me a home program so I could keep working on both ROM and strength. My sessions were 2-3 hours 3x week. Plus I walked, rode my bike and did a...
  3. Denmother

    TKR Denmother's 2nd TKR

    Yesterday's goal was to climb 1,000 feet. I pushed myself and did 1200. No pain!!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. Denmother

    TKR Denmother's 2nd TKR

    Back on my DH bike 11 1/2 weeks post op!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. Denmother

    TKR Denmother's 2nd TKR

    @Slainte yes it does!! My PT told me Thursday that I've graduated from the "baby" exercises. Lots of TRX work and single legged exercises. 3-4 times a week has been prescribed 2 at PT and 1-2 on my own. 1 Rest day is definitely a must now!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. Denmother

    TKR ironclm's recovery

    @Wanttobebiking I discovered NKT 4 years ago and sought out a local practitioner. I am very focused on finding the underlying reasons for my issues and a way to resolve them. For me there are a lot of issues with tension in the body which can cause weakness and mobility issues. The woman I'm...
  7. Denmother

    TKR ironclm's recovery

    Cathy Morgan I have similar issues. I saw my NKT Practicioner Friday and she found that the Toe Flexors were tight and causing the pain. When she released them it was like night and day. I now have some releasing and activating techniques to work in for the next 2 months...
  8. Denmother

    TKR Denmother's 2nd TKR

    Tried some climbing on my mountain bike yesterday. No pain but had to spin and it was tough and kicked my butt! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. Denmother

    TKR Denmother's 2nd TKR

    Put the knee through it's paces yesterday. Attempted some technical descending. Discovered standing descending is fine. Seated pedaling with the seat all the way down takes some maneuvering. All in all a productive and educational day on the bike. I walked some, dabbed some and Tri-prodded when...
  10. Denmother

    TKR Denmother's 2nd TKR

    Great day today. Challenging PT session today. New exercises and 130deg flexion! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. Denmother

    PKR Return to work at week 6?

    It still amazes me how different the recovery was for each of my TKRs and how each person's journey can be similar yet so different. My recovery this time has been much quicker than last time so going back to work at 6 weeks was not a problem. I sit at a desk all day and work on my computer so I...
  12. Denmother

    TKR Denmother's 2nd TKR

    Got to use my Woss Trainer today at my work gym to do my TRX squats and reverse lunges. Getting stronger and more flexible!! Glad I gave the knees a day off yesterday! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. Denmother

    PKR Return to work at week 6?

    I went back to work after 5 weeks off. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. Denmother

    TKR Im losing my confidence

    Miralax worked great for me! I used it for both my TKRs. And a trick I learned this time around was to start taking it 3 days before surgery. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  15. Denmother

    TKR sports after knee replacement

    Every surgery and every knee is different. Comparison to others really makes the journey harder. The damage to my left was much more excessive than my right. It's taken me 3 years to get my left from 90 to 114-117 degrees of extension. I did everything and worked hard. My right knee is already...
Back
Top Bottom