Recent content by DEL2024May-36

  1. D

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    Thank you!! The bruises have faded and I almost don’t need painkillers anymore. I’ll probably be on leave for another couple of weeks I’m guessing. I’m taking the time to take care of myself.
  2. D

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    Ugh. This is, quite frankly, disturbing.
  3. D

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    Thanks for checking in! The dislocation was not pleasant. Neither was my surgeon’s reaction to it. I think he’s tired of me, honestly. I spent two weeks not doing much for fear that it would happen again. My GP (who I have to see to get the paperwork for my medical leave) was shocked my surgeon...
  4. D

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    The dislocation happened on the evening of the 25 and the reduction was performed the 26. Left hip.
  5. D

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    does anyone have any idea why I’d have this bruise on my sternum after a hip reduction? The bone beneath really hurts.
  6. D

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    Thank you for your reply! Take care of yourself and be conscious of what you’re doing. Best wishes for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery!
  7. D

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    Pain is manageable. I’m resting. Trying to listen to my body. Are blood thinners really necessary after a dislocation?
  8. D

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    My hip dislocated last night. Luckily they were able to pop it back in without cutting me open. No London. I’m on another medical leave. I still have my appointment on Wednesday with my surgeon, luckily, as the ER attended me. It was my own dumb fault; I sat on a surface that was too low...
  9. D

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    Thank you!! Trying to find that balance between staying active and letting my body rest. I have a trip to London planned in a month; I hope I’m okay!! My next follow up with my surgeon has been moved up to March 28, so hopefully I’ll get some good news and peace of mind before my trip.
  10. D

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    I just re-read this entire thread and realized that I have been through A LOT. My right hip (replaced in May of last year) continues to bother me. Went to the ER for X-rays on Friday, everything looks fine. They’re moving up my follow-up with my surgeon anyway. Told me to avoid carrying heavy...
  11. D

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    Thanks!! It’s something to consider. It feels longer than two months - to be clear it’s the other hip that’s bothering me, not the revised one, which feels fantastic. I need to keep in mind the small amount of time that has passed.
  12. D

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    Thanks for the message! The follow-up went great. The surgeon warned me to be vigilant with my right hip as I have the same prothesis in that hip as the one that broke in my left. With the left hip, I’d feel a kind of popping sound once in a while if I was sitting low and getting up from that...
  13. D

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    Thank you! I feel great and have started going to the gym and doing the treadmill to move more - very slow and easy, nothing strenuous. February 10 is my follow-up appointment with my surgeon.
  14. D

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    I was born and raised in Mayfair in northeast Philly! I’ve been in Madrid for over 8 years now. So many good hospitals in the area; I’m sure you got great treatment. I’m glad you figured out how to get back up without hurting yourself - we figure out the solution if we listen to our bodies. ☺️
Back
Top Bottom