@Sara61 oooh that sounds good, must give it a try soon.
I am slightly obsessing on the idea of making cinnamon buns , doing the dough in the bread maker to save on the old arthritis fingers, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter inside and a gooey icing like a cream cheese style icing- next item on...
@Sara61 I actually have the traditional copper cataplana pot to do the seafood or chicken cataplana, both of which I have made, the seafood one would be my favourite. I even have a Portuguese cookbook that is written in both portuguese and english, it also has a brief history of the recipes...
Just an update regarding the”toe” -finally stopped strapping it, it looks mildly odd and a bit lumpy but may have been that way prior to the double breaking- the foot still swells and throbs slightly, when it gets a little more than slightly sore the shoe comes off and I elevate. It bends a...
@Ginger1210 Are you using a regular TENS machine on a standard setting- if so this would be for pain relief, it is a temporary fix but I can tell you I certainly appreciate it! It works by disrupting the “transference of pain to the nerve fibres and increasing the secretion of endorphins in the...
@PawelR - actually I am glad your doctor wore two masks coming to see your mother, she was making sure she didn’t run the risk of infecting your mother, the masks aren’t for your doctors protection but for your mother’s. If your mother has covid then it is good she will get the treatment...
@Sara61 Tell him to bring enough piri piri chicken, I am on my way- one of my favourite Portuguese dishes! That along with the small boiled, then flattened potatoes drizzled in olive oil-mmmm! I am drooling and I haven’t even had coffee yet this morning- husband insists on making it even though...
@MARYCOOL Beef stew…mmmmmm! I can smell it from here:roseshwr:
I do love my crockpot/ slow cooker, think Saturday just might be the day to make rice pudding in it, perfect for a cold wet day!
@Sara61 Take care of yourself, you deserve it!
Wishing you both a wonderful weekend :flwrysmile:
@PawelR Do you have a regular doctor who can advocate on her behalf to get her into the hospital or who can try treatments at home to help with her depression, sleeplessness, lack of appetite and pain? I know how the health system all over Europe is under tremendous pressure with Covid at the...
@christopher_car You are welcome!
I am sorry to hear you are having a bad day today- I hope it gets easier as the day progresses.
You can post questions here regarding what you are going through with regard to your Bilateral TKR if you feel comfortable doing so- you would be surprised how many...
Big virtual hug to you :console2:- anyone stumbling or partially falling wrenches their entire body trying to stop the fall. You will be sore (sorer?) for a few days, any chance you could have a neck and shoulder massage from hubbie? It would help with the tension you are currently feeling in...
@christopher_car Hello, you have had remarkable achievements in the past 9 years and definitely show you are ready for the challenge of properly healing and achieving recovery so you can look forward to returning to your life and the things you enjoy like your exercise routine and the gym...
I thought I was the only klutz on here! Tripping over your own crutch and almost falling:bignono:
You must be feeling very sore from the actual wrench of the almost fall and I know how frightened I was when my crutch slipped out from under me when walking so I can only imagine how you feel-...
@Gardeningal2003
I had a bad rash and blistering after my knee surgery and used an antihistamine successfully, in my case the rash was caused by the dressing used rather than by pain medications. If your rash spreads further I would suggest getting in touch with your doctor and see what he...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.