Recent content by Deeship45

  1. Deeship45

    THR Deeship45 Recovery Part 2

    Hey everyone, thanks for checking in on me! I’m doing okay. Took a few days off and felt better. Still sore, but more manageable. Had my 6 week checkup on Friday, and maybe overdid it a little with all the walking I had to do in the hospital on my two crutches. Was in a lot of pain over the...
  2. Deeship45

    THR Deeship45 Recovery Part 2

    Thank you for the comments @Eman85 @Jaycey @Layla @subie2021 I think I’ll take it easy for a couple of days. Did my exercises this morning and had a shower, worked and have taken it easy for the rest of the day. Just came on here now, and have to say you have all made me stop and think, that’s...
  3. Deeship45

    THR Deeship45 Recovery Part 2

    Hi @Schaargi ! I will definitely keep that in mind about the hip flexors. Yes they just added 3 or 4 of the exercises today. I’m trying to be a good patient, but it does seem like a lot . ROM issues would be all I guess, though it has improved. I know the ROM will get better, I have always...
  4. Deeship45

    THR Deeship45 Recovery Part 2

    @Eman85 my work is not physical at all. Bookkeeping/finance administration. I am not able to sit in a normal chair for long so I sit in my recliner while I work, usually with a lot of paperwork and a laptop. I get up often to “walk” around, as well as to get stuff off the printer At physio...
  5. Deeship45

    THR Deeship45 Recovery Part 2

    @Schaargi Thank you, I am trying! My kids (23, 20 & 16) keep telling me to just ask for help, but I struggle with that (I much prefer to be the one helping ) My girls (oldest 2) don’t live at home most of the time, but my son does. So if he sees me attempting to carry something while walking...
  6. Deeship45

    THR Deeship45 Recovery Part 2

    Hi @Layla, I am hanging in there. There is definite progress, but this has been a more difficult recovery than the last one for sure! It took 3 weeks for me to move from the walker to two crutches, and to be able to get in the shower (although even then my husband had to help because I just...
  7. Deeship45

    THR Deeship45 Recovery Part 2

    @Puggles i had never heard of the surgeon calling either! But it was truly wonderful that he did. They can only get an indication from X-rays. My right hip was bone on bone but they were only able to see that on one particular X-ray position that they tried. When looking at my X-ray on the...
  8. Deeship45

    THR Deeship45 Recovery Part 2

    Thank you @Layla . So much information, I will read through it all between naps :sleep:
  9. Deeship45

    THR Deeship45 Recovery Part 2

    Hi all! I made it throughly the other side! Surgery was 8am on Oct 7th, and I did get the spinal block with sedation. I took the advice from everyone here and told everyone I saw that I did not want to be aware of anything going on during surgery. They were all very nice I didn’t have the...
  10. Deeship45

    THR Here we go again!

    Thank you @ReluctantHippy I am getting a bit nervous, but looking forward to the shiny new hip! Good luck to you as well, I’ll be looking for you on the healing side :wave:
  11. Deeship45

    THR Here we go again!

    Thank you everone, for the advice. That is definitely a relief to hear about the sedation. I will talk to the anesthesiologist :) Had the COVID test this afternoon, now I’m in self isolation until surgery. Which isn’t a terrible thing. I have a ton of work to get done. Just closed my...
  12. Deeship45

    THR Here we go again!

    Got the call and I am now booked for my Left THR in 4 days, October 7th. I had my right hip done 2 years ago, and this site was a big help. I am trying to get everything ready and think I’m doing pretty good with that. Have some meals prepared and frozen, have my ice packs in the freezer...
  13. Deeship45

    THR Deeship45 recovery!

    Hi @Layla thank you for thinking of me! Things are going fairly well. So much slower than I anticipated, but I am moving much better. I am not using any walking aids in the house and only one crutch when I am doing a lot of walking. Driving the car and sitting in a proper chair still hurt...
  14. Deeship45

    THR Deeship45 recovery!

    Definitely needed to re-read this, thank you
  15. Deeship45

    THR Deeship45 recovery!

    Hi @Layla :wave: Thank you for the anniversary wishes! Today was an emotional one. Which from what I understand happens to be part of recovery also. I am not generally an outwardly emotional person, unlike my mom and sisters but today that was definitely me! Still sore - keeps me from being...
Back
Top Bottom