Recent content by Dee62

  1. D

    THR THR

    Hi It's been a while since I was on here and I'm now just over 9 months post op. I still have a small localised pain but it has got worse. A couple of weeks ago I rang the post op hip department and they didn't seem unduly worried. However, this evening the pain has cranked up a bit and is now...
  2. D

    THR THR

    I am now 4 months post op and mostly been doing well. Today was my first day back at work, 7.5 hours on my feet with half an hour lunch break. Consequently, I am now very tired, but what worries me more is that I've now got a fair amount of pain at the incision site with one localised spot...
  3. D

    THR THR

    Anybody?
  4. D

    THR THR

    Hi I've been loitering recently, reading posts, etc. I'm just coming up to 3 months post op (12 weeks + 4 days), and am experiencing some odd pains. I have a dull ache that seems to be around the right sacro iliac joint, radiating round my groin and into my right outer ankle. It niggles when...
  5. D

    THR THR

    @Layla , thank you! Still getting used to it at the moment. Odd pains and niggles, but managing. Mostly no crutches now although stairs are still a bit of a challenge. Dee
  6. D

    THR THR

    Hi everyone I'm now just past 8 weeks post op and mostly doing ok. I just want to ask because I haven't had much pain for a while, is it normal to feel a bit of pain at this stage? Feels sore on actual hip and a niggle from knee to ankle on outside of leg and couldn't get comfy for very...
  7. D

    THR THR

    Thanks to all who replied. I have two phone consultations on 21st July - one for fracture clinic, the other for physiotherapy - so I'll discuss with them and go from there. I am still very anxious about it. On a different note, how soon can I start to use E45 cream on my scar? Many...
  8. D

    THR THR

    @Jaycey, my employer put me on ssp after my op, which is a pittance really. Doctor has mentioned phased return to work but at the moment I'm nowhere near ready for even an hour on my feet. It's making me very anxious. There's also the added worry that as it's summer, we get alot of...
  9. D

    THR THR

    Me again! I have another question: how soon do people return to work? I work in a fabric and haberdashery shop, 4 days a week + every 3rd Saturday (although was furloughed from 23rd March, then statutory sick pay since my op). The job involves being on my feet for a total of 7 and a half...
  10. D

    THR THR

    Has anybody else got/had pain inner thigh on operated side? Dee
  11. D

    THR THR

    @Jaycey , thank you! I've just had a double chocolate strawberry magnum!
  12. D

    THR THR

    @Layla , gosh, I'd completely forgotten the date! Dee
  13. D

    THR THR

    First of all I want to say a huge heartfelt thank you to everyone who has sent me a lovely message and great advice. It is so very much appreciated. Today I went to the hospital for scans to determine if I had a dvt. My legs were duly measured, I saw the doctor who took lots of family and...
  14. D

    THR THR

    Up until Friday I've had a good appetite, but since then I'm struggling to eat and when I do I feel sick. Has anybody else felt like this? I'm eating very little. I feel OK otherwise, although I am very nervous about the scan for dvt that I'm to have on Wednesday. I should say that up til...
Back
Top Bottom