Recent content by DebM

  1. DebM

    Bilateral TKR Debs 2 new knees<

    Oops! LF3D and LF4D.
  2. DebM

    Bilateral TKR Debs 2 new knees<

    Certainly Josephine. Pain is DLF1 and DLF2. Occasionally in the same position on the right.
  3. DebM

    Bilateral TKR Debs 2 new knees<

    So 2 years to the day my left knee develops a burning sensation and is a little ‘clunky’ like it usually is first thing in the morning. It is still there today. Worse when sitting with leg semi extended but not so bad when walking or knee at 90/100 degrees. Didn’t injure it or twist it (unless...
  4. DebM

    Bilateral TKR Debs 2 new knees<

    Hi there. Just about my 2 year kneeversary. Going pretty well - not perfect but then who is. I am changing jobs and need to get a first aid certificate. This involves cpr which involves kneeling. Not sure how I am going to do this as my knees are still quite sensitive (had some nerve...
  5. DebM

    Bilateral TKR Debs 2 new knees<

    So yesterday my worst nightmare happened! I have always been worried about what would happen if I tripped and fell (I have always been a bit clumsy lol) and yesterday it happened - I missed a step going up and came down on my 2 knees. I think the left took the brunt as the right is not at all...
  6. DebM

    Bilateral TKR "There is joint effusion"

    You are just at the beginning of a marathon. Patience will be your best friend. You will heal at your own pace so take no notice of what neighbours, friends of friends etc did. Most importantly take note of the advice from folks on here. We have all been there.
  7. DebM

    TKR 10 months post op

    Glad you found a painkiller to suit and importantly took it easy on yourself. Sounds like you are doing really well! It is a marathon and not a race:)
  8. DebM

    MUA New Knee #2 Recovery<

    I had the same problem and refused the cpm machine. Nursing staff were a bit cranky but surgeon didn’t mind. It didn’t affect my recovery, but it did ease some of my pain
  9. DebM

    Bilateral TKR 6 months post double tkr - still feeling vice grip

    I am afraid your surgeon misled you. It takes 12 months perhaps even 2 years until your knees are fully recovered. Some of us take longer than others so try not to be disheartened, we all get there in the end. Patience is a very important part of the recovery from this surgery
  10. DebM

    TKR Clonking knee cap 9wks post op

    I can relate to the downhill story. For 2 years before my BTKR I went down hills (if I had to) in tiny steps because like you the pain and grinding was awful. It was such a habit that it wasn’t until about 6 months post op I realised I could just just walk downhill like a normal person! Lol.
  11. DebM

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    Yerdua you can certainly get good ROM on your own without over exercising and causing unnecessary pain and swelling. You do have to be patient though. It can take 12+ months to get there. My ROM progressed slowly. I had inpatient rehab Post-op for 2 weeks which only got me to about 60. Follow...
  12. DebM

    Bilateral TKR Debs 2 new knees<

    Ok just a quick question for all the Northern Hemisphere tkr people who are 12 months + out. As you are coming out of your winter and we down south are just going in - did you find your knees ached or in any way bothered you in the cold weather. Will I have to knit myself some knee warmers?
  13. DebM

    TKR My incision

    Hi @leo2000. Welcome - you will find lots of helpful hints on here. I’ll vouch for the Glad Wrap/plastic food wrap technique! I used it for about 6 months Post my BTKR. Rather than wrapping the whole knee I just used a piece big enough to cover the the scar plus a couple of inches out. If you...
  14. DebM

    TKR Clicking

    13 months out and still have clicking. Generally only first thing in the morning or if I have had a busy day on my feel and have a little swelling. Not painful or bothersome.
  15. DebM

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    Can I tell you @AnnaF i worried about every tweak and pain and swelling. I worried if I was doing too much, not enough, the wrong way. In the end (with support of BoneSmart posters) just got on with my usual life doing what I could and not overdoing it. Stopped Physio too - don’t believe the...
Back
Top Bottom