Recent content by DblDn65

  1. D

    Bilateral TKR Journey of a lifetime begins

    Well, I'm 8 1/2 weeks post surgery and everyone says that I'm doing well. PT has me at 135 degrees flexion and I am back at work full time. The doctor allowed me to return to work after 6 weeks on half days and just this week I returned to full days. I hasn't been a cake walk but I still manage...
  2. D

    Bilateral TKR Journey of a lifetime begins

    Well we're here. 8 days post surgery. I had some complications after surgery but not with the surgery. With the nerve blockers, part of my bowels went to sleep causing me to get extreme acid reflux. I had to spend a few extra days in the hospital getting that straightened out but I'm on the...
  3. D

    Bilateral TKR Journey of a lifetime begins

    Thus begins this leg of my journey. Today is the day of my surgery. I'm looking forward to the day that I can walk quietly again. I have read your blogs and practiced so much of my therapy that I think I'm ready for what's ahead. Thank you for all of the comments and supportive words. I am as...
  4. D

    Bilateral TKR for me in November

    Well tomorrow is the big day. BTKR at 2:30 pm. The doctor is very excited that I'm his last patient of the day. I'll post more as I progress. I'll be in the hospital for 3-4 days and then the fun begins. They've already dropped off the flexion machine at the house I've trip proofed the house...
  5. D

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    Beachy@ I met this man at my surgeon's office the other day and was inspired by his story. He had BTKRs done at age 66 and nine months later walked a half marathon, 13.1 miles. He is now 70 and preparing for a full marathon next spring. He's 6'4" tall and weighs about 250lbs. Hope his story...
  6. D

    Bilateral TKR for me in November

    5 more weeks and this will be changed.
  7. D

    Bilateral TKR for me in November

    @beachy Mine was a lot of sweat and almost tears.
  8. D

    Bilateral TKR for me in November

    I've read many of the blogs about exercise vs rest. Due to my stints in my heart and my weight, I chose exercise. 8 weeks ago I joined a gym and picked up a trainer one day a week. We are working on strengthening my leg muscles and building strength in my upper body. My trainer said that...
  9. D

    2018 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    I will be having my BTKR on November 26th. DblDn65
  10. D

    Bilateral TKR for me in November

    @bottomshollow My surgery has been rescheduled for November 26th with the cardiologist approval. DblDn65
  11. D

    Surgery delayed....

    @Josephine I'm looking for the silver lining! I'll need to cash it in when I find it.:loll:
  12. D

    Surgery delayed....

    Same here but our company changes every year.
  13. D

    2018 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    @bottomshollow My BTKR has been postponed. I'll hopefully know Tuesday or Wednesday when I'm rescheduled for. DblDn65
  14. D

    Bilateral TKR for me in November

    I understand. I always look for the positive in everything. Especially since I reflect my blood type...B Positive.
  15. D

    Bilateral TKR for me in November

    My BTKR has been delayed due to my cardiologist. He says that I need to be on Plavix for 6 months or more due to the stents that were put in my heart. Why he waited 5 weeks to deny, I don't understand. I will know, hopefully, Tuesday when my surgery is rescheduled for. Feeling frustrated! DblDn65
Back
Top Bottom