Recent content by Dancingqueen

  1. Dancingqueen

    TKR Pain

    That was “ICE” and elevation. Yeah, 66, as well
  2. Dancingqueen

    TKR Pain

    You are, definitely, NOT a wimp! I had TKR August 2022. I now look back at notes I could barely keep on my phone the first 3 months. No sleep, screaming pain (I took prescribed Oxycodone, but, I am allergic to all anti-inflammatories). I’ve and elevation. I wrote that the pain was worse than...
  3. Dancingqueen

    TKR After a year and 2 months

    Hi Guss. I had TKR, left knee, 8/2/2022. I have some great “hindsight” stuff going on. Every recovery is different (if I knew it was going to be so painful I may not have done it!). I couldn’t take anti inflammatories and, once I stopped pain meds, I didn’t think I’d EVER sleep beyond 2 hours. I...
  4. Dancingqueen

    TKR 21 weeks and struggling

    Sorry..spaced on thread. Thank you
  5. Dancingqueen

    TKR 21 weeks and struggling

    It’s been 10 months since my TKR and felt like I wanted to check in. I never thought I’d be able to say that there is less pain! My ability to go up AND down stairs has improved and I notice walking UP a hill finally feels better than pre-surgery days. Downhill is still a little tough, but, I...
  6. Dancingqueen

    TKR What did I get myself into?

    I am so grateful I found this site..I'm 6 months post TKR of left knee. I can only tell you that my experience aligns with so many others on this site. The saving grace for my physical and mental health? Standing up for my poor, pain-filled knee when PT talked about my "push" for range of...
  7. Dancingqueen

    TKR Is this normal?

    Hello, I was just reading your journey with knee replacement and what I can tell you is that my experience with ongoing pain/lack of sleep, is so familiar. I had my TKR on 8/2/2022. For many weeks, months, I was miserable. Only recently can I declare I think 6 months is beginning to feel like a...
  8. Dancingqueen

    TKR Abdominal muscle pain

    Hi, I was reading your story and wanted to comment about energy drain. I had TKR on August 2nd. Although I was home from work longer than planned, I’ve returned to work. I don’t think there’s a day that goes by that I feel 100%. By 3pm, I really just want a nap. But, I’m getting around pretty...
  9. Dancingqueen

    TKR 21 weeks and struggling

    So great to hear your feedback! One more goal achieved just now. We live in a very hilly area and, so far, only walk on flat road, about 8 blks max. This has not allowed me to even think about walking our beautiful dog, Bruno, who is a 78 lb terrier/boxer mix. (Before surgery, I struggled with...
  10. Dancingqueen

    TKR 21 weeks and struggling

    Hello all! Just checking in. I finished my first week back at work (full time retail) and I think I was prepared. I packed healthy lunches, brought my ice blanket, heating pad (my hamstring enjoys) and actually mixed sitting, standing and moving pretty well. If you would have asked me 6 or 8...
  11. Dancingqueen

    TKR mac0939 Recovery Journey

    Wow..it is amazing when I read stories that are so similar to mine. All I can say is what I’ve experienced. I “pushed” pt until I screamed (I was told there could be problems if my ROM didn’t improve from 80 degrees at 6-8 weeks). I can’t take anti-inflammatories, so relied on ice, elevation...
  12. Dancingqueen

    TKR 21 weeks and struggling

    Thank you. Well, it’s a small group that has worked without me for 5 months when I planned 12-14 weeks. So, part time is challenging but, if I’m struggling after the first few days, I’ll get a note! (My surgeon is cool). I’m straight commission, so really need to be there. I plan on bringing my...
  13. Dancingqueen

    TKR 21 weeks and struggling

    Hello all. I’m not sure how to update my title, since I am now 21 weeks post op for TKR. I can’t really explain how grateful I am for this site. As life goes on, I have my doubts, but, I do have improvement. My ROM is around 115, leg is straight, I walk without my cane, can go upstairs and, if I...
  14. Dancingqueen

    TKR My mother had a total knee replacement and I need advice

    Hi As I’m reading your story, I remember how difficult those first few weeks were. I was limited on what I could take for pain/swelling so ice was my friend (a coworker lent me his ice machine). It was really important to get out of bed, even for short walks to the bathroom or a walk to kitchen...
  15. Dancingqueen

    TKR 21 weeks and struggling

    Thank you. I did for about the first 2 months. I tapered, because I didn’t feel like it helped. Oxycodone helped in the beginning (mostly so I could get some sleep), but, I stopped taking end of September. I was just taking one around 11pm. I just got off ice machine and use heating pad on...
Back
Top Bottom