Recent content by DA32561

  1. DA32561

    THR Got that second opinion

    I agree to with not putting off the inevitable. Waiting more than three years with my first THR has left me with numbness in my shin and still some limited ROM more than 3 years later. When the pain started in my second hip it was a no brainer, get it done sooner than later. As for all the...
  2. DA32561

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    @Janab1028 I am so sorry to read that you are having such awful spasms. I have not read about this complication on any of the posts here. I hope the medication gives you some relief soon. Hopefully like many things once the cycle of pain is broken it may begin to lessen. I will keep you in my...
  3. DA32561

    THR Indygo's RTHR Recovery Thread

    @Indygo So funny you mentioned it takes awhile to get moving. Each time I get up I stand there uncertain about if the first step is going to cause pain. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I need to brace myself even with the cane, sometimes I can walk without even the cane! I...
  4. DA32561

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    @Janab1028 I hope today is a better day for you. I know how frustrating it can be to be better one day and then to feel worse soon after. My first week of recovery seemed to be a breeze, but boy the second week rolled around and I felt worse and it made me terribly anxious and scared. I just...
  5. DA32561

    THR Indygo's RTHR Recovery Thread

    Hi @Indygo I was happy to read your thread this morning because I was starting to feel exactly like you... am I the only one still dealing with more pain than I anticipated? I had my LTHR done three years ago and although I was in more pain the first week in comparison to this time, I felt a...
  6. DA32561

    THR Fourth Replacement and hopefully done

    so sorry to hear about your complication, but it sounds like it is progressing in a positive manner. How are you managing your pain with getting around? That seems to be my biggest obstacle at this point.
  7. DA32561

    THR Dawn's new hip

    Hi everyone, I am trying my best to move as much as possible, but I seem to be having a problem managing my pain with the amount of medication prescribed. I was given 5mg of oxy for a total of 40 pills. Told to take them every 4 hours or as needed. Well I have been trying to push it to 6 hours...
  8. DA32561

    THR Fourth Replacement and hopefully done

    @LeeApril26 so glad you are done and on the healing side. Wishing you a speedy recovery. It gets better every day as you well know.
  9. DA32561

    THR Dawn's new hip

    @LeeApril26 How was it to come home after one night? I was actually really worried I would be too weak to come home, but it was so much better being home than in the hospital. I am fortunate to have a very supportive husband. As with you @LeeApril26 he was not able to stay with me, but was able...
  10. DA32561

    THR Dawn's new hip

    Day 2 home: Still feeling good, finally showered after heading upstairs for the first time. I will say it was not as hard as I feared. Of course I am exhausted now but nothing that I did not expect. I will be venturing out this afternoon for PT, which my insurance would not cover at home. I know...
  11. DA32561

    THR Dawn's new hip

    @LeeApril26 Thank you for the suggestion, I was able to get approval for PT, but not coming to the home which is totally fine. It is only a few miles from my house a few days a week. I had my first hip done three years ago at HSS, good luck to you tomorrow. I will certainly be thinking of you...
  12. DA32561

    THR Dawn's new hip

    Good morning to anyone reading this, and it is a good morning. I just got home yesterday from my right THR done on Monday the 14th. This is my second, my first being 3 years ago, done in a different state, different surgeon and as a result a totally difference experience. First I would like to...
  13. DA32561

    THR Insurance Denial questions

    @Elf1 Thank you so very much. I will be sure to post when I am home hopefully on Tuesday :fingersx:
  14. DA32561

    THR Insurance Denial questions

    @CG'sknees Thank you! Good luck to you too on the 17th. Ridiculously stressful, but thankfully that is behind us both. I will be sure to post after I get home.
  15. DA32561

    THR Insurance Denial questions

    GREAT news! I just got the call today that my surgery was approved by my insurance company. I was quite emotional when I heard, it was such a huge relief. Thank you everyone who reached out to give me advice and assurance. I truly appreciate it. Now just need to hang on for a few more days...
Back
Top Bottom