Recent content by CynthiaM

  1. CynthiaM

    Those little victories....

    Day 19, I walked 3/4 of a mile down a local trail. A tiny twinge today, nothing significant. This upcoming weekend will be a trip to the Painted Mines in Colorado.
  2. CynthiaM

    New here, had Ant LTHR 5/30...

    Updating... the pain is slowly but surely subsiding. I can walk without any aid for longer and longer time periods. Only take one Percocet at night. Climbing and descending stairs the normal way, although very slowly, and gripping the hand rail. Surgical wound is healing nicely. Trip to the...
  3. CynthiaM

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Thank you, Dougie... Dad was released to a rehab, and my niece/his granddaughter will be there tomorrow for a few days. She can bring him clean clothes and his favorite robe, I know that'll help. Im thinking he may like a tablet as well so he can catch up on email, and I will give him my...
  4. CynthiaM

    Those little victories....

    First day back at work and I lasted 7.5 hours - would have been longer but I way over-did it on Sunday, so not a good nights sleep. Even my supervisor is adamant about a lap around the floor every hour - nice to have that support!
  5. CynthiaM

    Those little victories....

    Last night i slept a solid 5 hours! So much better than tossing and turning. I credit this to finally sleeping on the non-op side, and a refill of my sleep med! And I survived Walmart! Thank goodness for the electric carts. Sunday is shoe shopping!
  6. CynthiaM

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    Congratulations! I had the left done on 5/30. I'm taking 2 weeks off and am glad for it. Desk job, but lots of opportunity to stretch, walk, etc. If anyone wants to get back to normal, it's me. And you're right, the pain is almost non-existant! But use some sort of support, and my...
  7. CynthiaM

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    While I'm not dealing with post-op blues... I'm dealing with my dad in the hospital. He's in very rough shape, and he will never be the same, IF he makes it out of the hospital to rehab. Good thing I was still off work yesterday, I spent most of the day on the phone with the hospital...
  8. CynthiaM

    New here, had Ant LTHR 5/30...

    You were right! One of them was a little "sticky" but not bad at all!!! Never had to do this before.
  9. CynthiaM

    Those little victories....

    10 days out and cleared to drive and return to work!
  10. CynthiaM

    New here, had Ant LTHR 5/30...

    Tomorrow (Friday) I get staples out - I sure hope there's a needle full of lidocaine waiting for me! And I'd better get cleared to drive, I have a hair appointment at 3:00 :heehee: Dealing also with an elderly dad who was in a bad wreck, still in ICU, and 1500 miles away. Not fun.
  11. CynthiaM

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    So much for good progress... I'm doing ok, but have been dealing with my elderly father in ICU due to a car wreck. He lost control and hit a tree. I think it's time for "the talk." *sigh*
  12. CynthiaM

    THR Ok so far post op !

    Those first few days are the worst. You're away from everything familiar, the bed is horribly uncomfortable, it's noisy, and you're at the mercy of everyone on your care team. Hopefully the food is ok! Don't ever be afraid to ask for more pain med, or to say you're not comfortable with...
  13. CynthiaM

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Aussie, so sorry about your FIL... {{{hugs}}} Yesterday all told, probably walked about a quarter mile. Not much in the normal person's view, but I'm happy with it!
  14. CynthiaM

    THR Ok so far post op !

    Jaycey, great idea about the shoes! Time to get some new ones anyway - as if an excuse is needed to go shoe shopping! :yes!:
  15. CynthiaM

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I have a visit with the doc on Friday, he'll remove staples (allergic to the adhesives in the surgical tapes) and he will probably clear me to drive. (He has several photos in his office of patients who, at 3 or 4 weeks, were back to hiking in the mountains.) Nothing more than to work, or down...
Back
Top Bottom