Recent content by Cynrob

  1. Cynrob

    TKR Revision specialist Albany Oregon?

    Hi Jockette, I am in Albany Oregon (97322). I could travel to Salem Oregon if necessary, but it would be to difficult to go all the way to the Portland area, especially if there are follow-up visits and such.
  2. Cynrob

    TKR Revision specialist Albany Oregon?

    Help how do I find an OS with revision experience? I am searching and searching. The search engines that I have found do not narrow them down in that way, and I'm finding that very few of the doctors will list revisions in their area of expertise. I no longer live near a large metro area so...
  3. Cynrob

    TKR Out patient TKR surgery?

    I have not had an outpatient experience, but with my last TKR the dr. tried to discharge me the very next morning and I was NOT ready. They took me off the morephine (not sure how that is spelled) and gave me a low dose vicodin. My pain was not under control at all. If it had not been for the...
  4. Cynrob

    TKR Revision specialist Albany Oregon?

    I am four years from my last TKR and all has been going relatively well until the other day. I got up from my chair and it felt like my knee was not going to hold me up. I had to do some hobbling to get around for a little while but it eventually seemed strong enough to hold me. Now, it feels...
  5. Cynrob

    TKR Revision specialist Albany Oregon?

    Since my surgery I have had some occasional tingling in my foot and first two toes. I don't have any apparent swelling or discoloration in that foot. It isn't painful, just unusual. Anyone else have this issue?
  6. Cynrob

    TKR Revision specialist Albany Oregon?

    Just had my first physical therapy appointment. My PT is being done at a private clinic, not at the VA. So different. I won't miss the "military style" PT. This time I'm in complete control. My ROM is 0 and 95 already, attributing this to following bonesmart philosophy focusing on lots of rest...
  7. Cynrob

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Left knee, 15 days post op, Right knee 1305 days post op
  8. Cynrob

    TKR I’m baffled by this

    With my first TKR, I went back to work at 8 weeks and still had pain that was directly related to how much I was on my feet. I wore a fitbit, and my pain was always worse with more steps. I was an educator/administrator so I was not on my feet a lot (4-6,000 steps in a typical day). I was able...
  9. Cynrob

    TKR Revision specialist Albany Oregon?

    The Hydrocodone is 10 mg+325 acetaminophen, the tramadol is 50 mg., and the tylenol is 325 mg x4 in a day. I only take the NSAID (Celebrex) for two weeks. I didn't include the dosage because I really was just ranting about the complexity of it all. When I had just one pain pill, it was easy to...
  10. Cynrob

    TKR Revision specialist Albany Oregon?

    Pain control, and differences from last TKR: Day 5 post op and the overall severity of my pain is less than the first TKR done 4 years ago. There is less bruising and overall swelling of the knee. However, the pain control regimen is much more complicated and less effective. I'm having trouble...
  11. Cynrob

    TKR Revision specialist Albany Oregon?

    I'm home! Surgery went well. Had a epidural and some sort of nerve block for the front of the knee. Waking up was so much better than when I had general anesthesia, but eventually the pain hit. I was given moriphine the first 24 hours, then they switched me to vicodin. Pain was not even close to...
  12. Cynrob

    Cyn's Journey -- knee #2

    I'm home! Surgery went well. Had a epidural and some sort of nerve block for the front of the knee. Waking up was so much better than when I had general anesthesia, but eventually the pain hit. I was given moriphine the first 24 hours, then they switched me to vicodin. Pain was not even close to...
  13. Cynrob

    Cyn's Journey -- knee #2

    May 15
  14. Cynrob

    Cyn's Journey -- knee #2

    5:30 am check in! I love it. Don' have to sit around wishing I could have coffee. (Last time I had a 10:30 check in. Ugh)
  15. Cynrob

    Cyn's Journey -- knee #2

    Getting close now. I've completed all the pre-ops. My FMLA paperwork is in. Had a meeting with my boss this morning to go over all of the stuff that will need to get done while I'm gone. Just one more week of work and two celebratory weekends (anniversary weekend and mother's day weekend). At...
Back
Top Bottom