Recent content by Cyclemad

  1. C

    TKR Debby's new knee

    Debbie, i followed the BoneSmart mantra after finding this forum and it helped enormously with my recovery. Don't fret about ROM. It will come in its own time. Gentle movement getting from A to B in the home and loads of rest and elevation is probably enough. I had an ice cuff that I used a lot...
  2. C

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    Hi, i had LTKR 23/1/17 and am doing really well after a slow start. if it helps I was finding flexion really hard in the first month but the BoneSmart forum stopped me from having unrealistic expectations. I followed the mantra and my ROM steadily improved to the point that after 6 weeks I...
  3. C

    TKR Haematoma complicating recovery

    Thanks @newlybionic. I will call him. The static bike does help for a while. LTKR 23/1/17 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. C

    TKR Haematoma complicating recovery

    I've made a bit of a breakthrough in being able to do full pedal revolutions on my exercise bike. My ROM is now -1,100 so very gentle exercise seems to be helping recovery. What I'm finding is that the inner thigh muscles of my left leg get really tight as if they're about to have cramp. Anyone...
  5. C

    TKR Haematoma complicating recovery

    Well, I made good progress this last week. The haematoma is reducing fast and is now barely noticeable. ROM is now -2/98. That's 10 degrees better flexion in a week without trying too hard. The BoneSmart mantra is spot on as I have done moderate exercise but not pushed it and the range has come...
  6. C

    TKR Haematoma complicating recovery

    Sorry, I have changed my signature block but it doesn't show on the thread. Don't know why. LTKR 23/1/17 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. C

    TKR Haematoma complicating recovery

    Sorry, it was January 23. I was a dimwit. Thanks for pointing this out. I'm doing well, v little pain and gradually getting rid of the haematoma above the knee cap. ROM is 5/95 today I reckon. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. C

    TKR Haematoma complicating recovery

    Yes, I practiced doing the same on my drive. I'm quite comfortable on short journeys. Oh, when I wake at night I normally take some paracetamol. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. C

    TKR Haematoma complicating recovery

    Hello again. It's nearly 6 weeks post my left TKR and the haematoma has almost gone. I've got 95 flexion or so and about 5 extension from straight. Given the stiffness from the haematoma I'm happy with that. I am finding sleep very unpredictable. Some nights I get 5 hours before I wake up but...
  10. C

    TKR Haematoma complicating recovery

    Thanks for the support. My haematoma is improving fast and I reached -5/ 90 on Wednesday during PT. felt quite sore for the remainder of the day and night when sleep was elusive. Took it easy today. I'm in no rush for ROM so will slow things up a bit. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. C

    TKR Haematoma complicating recovery

    Thanks for the positive reply. I am doing all the exercises I was told by the PT to do about 3 times a day with about 10 reps a time. I've got good muscle tone so I can do stairs normally despite the limited ROM. I take Pain meds morning lunch and evening. Sleep is not too bad as I get about 3...
  12. C

    TKR Haematoma complicating recovery

    Hi everyone on Bonesmart. Firstly, I love this forum, as it so supportive to us recoverers and pre-op worriers. I was not worried about my op but I think I was a bit blasé about to be honest and would advise anyone to be absolutely sure they need and want this major surgery. I am now 5 weeks...
Back
Top Bottom