Recent content by Cyclegal

  1. C

    PKR Recovery!

    Thanks everyone! @EalingGran I hope to give some positive vibes to us in the PKR club!
  2. C

    PKR Recovery!

    And here I am, one year later. Time flys for sure. I think after the first few months, which were, well, awful, things got better really quickly, in fact it seemed like one day things were just a whole lot better and I was sleeping well. All is well, I don't even think about my knee anymore...
  3. C

    PKR Recovery!

    Thanks everyone!!!
  4. C

    PKR Recovery!

    Hope everyone had a good summer, and is healing well from assorted replacements or surgeries. I'm not quite a year, (nov '23) post Rt Medial PKR, and all is going smoothly, I have been back to cycling, running (with guidance from PT and a running form evaluation to get me ready) doing yoga...
  5. C

    Total or partial

    I had medial PKR just over 6 m ago. Recovery I think is about the same, essentially a drag for 3months. My surgeon who does a fair amount of partials advised me if it looked like I had significant arthritis in patellofemoral joint he would do a total, but would make that decision in the...
  6. C

    Gel Injections? Tell me what you can.

    Add me to the list of folks that the gel injection (I had Durolane) didn't work for. Caused a flare up and I thought my knee would explode after the injection. My friend gets injections and does well, so we are all different! Course some insurance companies won't consider replacement till the...
  7. C

    PKR Recovery!

    Roy, that looks like a great trip! I have done some of the Thomson trips but now I think they might be a bit much, lots of hammerheads (me 10 years ago..) Liz
  8. C

    PKR Recovery!

    Happy 6 month anniversary to my shiny new medial PKR! All good here, started a running program with the guidance of my PT (damn lemme tell you how good it feels to run pain free!!) And yes was OK'd by ortho though he wasn't sure running is such a great sport, not from my new knee standpoint but...
  9. C

    PKR Are knee recoveries harder than hips?

    Hi there, I'm 6 months out from my rt medial PKR, and yep, "hips are easier than knees" some of my cycling pals had their hips done and were out riding and having a good old time, sleeping well, minimal discomfort and I was still using a walker or cane, and happy when I could go up a flight of...
  10. C

    PKR Recovery!

    Ooooh Mallorca is on my list. Yay for those good knees! I was riding the other day, some hard hills, husband asked "how is your knee" Great, I said, it is the rest of me in my outa shapeness! Liz
  11. C

    PKR Recovery!

    whoops, I fixed it to say 5 months. I would go down in history with those tall tales of recovery....
  12. C

    PKR PKR March 20th 2024

    Hang in there, I had a partial and it was a real drag for at least 3 months, then it got better really quickly. Don't let anyone say "its just a partial!!" same brutal rehab as our total knee smarties. Slow and steady with the PT. I had to remind myself "it is recovery, not training". Now...
  13. C

    PKR Recovery!

    5 weeks yesterday! The rest of my body turned 67 the day before. I'm delighted with my results, only some discomfort if I am kneeling and then straighten out my knee (pain in back of knee..) I'm doing all my usual activities and even *gulp* getting into a bit of running (baby steps, like 30...
  14. C

    Partial or Total, how do you tell/know?

    I had a partial and am totally delighted with it---however I had damage in the medial compartment only, due to a very bad torn / extruded meniscus. I think as long as your arthritis is limited to one compartment the partial is the way to go. Seek out the doc who does a lot of partials, my...
  15. C

    PKR Recovery!

    @Layla that crossed my mind too! Though I did see the surgeon at 6 weeks and was full of complaining!
Back
Top Bottom