Recent content by Cycle-Path

  1. Cycle-Path

    TKR Finally! My knee is ruined.

    Thank you, Layla. I'm all ready to go and have finished all pre-op req's. It's been a long week without taking mobic due to the aching/pain.
  2. Cycle-Path

    TKR Finally! My knee is ruined.

    Six months after I had the right knee replaced I slipped and damaged the cartilage in my left knee. That was New Year's Eve and since then I have pretty much worn through what cartilage was left in there. Big surprise since my left knee has never hurt at all before then. The only thing keeping...
  3. Cycle-Path

    TKR Moving forward.

    Hello Everyone! The time has come for left knee to catch up with the right. Had an appointment today and I was kind of shocked to learn that the cartilage in there is now gone. It went from dented/torn in January to bone on bone at this point. My patella has begun to grow bone around it. Doc...
  4. Cycle-Path

    TKR Moving forward.

    Just shy of 10 months on the right knee. It feels really good. I'd say that it is 95% normal. The only thing keeping it from being 100% is some very minor and occasional stiffness. Even that seems to loosen up with movement, but it does remind me of the recent past. My left knee is another...
  5. Cycle-Path

    TKR Moving forward.

    @mendogal I agree. My right knee was debrided in 2017 or 2018. It was never right and stayed painful, but tolerable. My activity was limited after having it done and in hindsight it was just a bandaid. That is, until it fell apart when I slipped jogging and tore the cartilage/meniscus all...
  6. Cycle-Path

    TKR Moving forward.

    I'm undecided on what to do next with my left knee. The doc does not want to do auto/allograph because there are three areas of full thickness loss besides the dent I just put in the cartilage when I slipped. He said debriding it arthroscopically might help a little or not at all. He also...
  7. Cycle-Path

    TKR Moving forward.

    @mendogal Thank you. It really breaks my heart, but I will probably just move on from this job. I worked hard to get it for years and it is slipping away. My chondro is almost certainly related to my work history, not my current employer. I'm lucky to have good insurance coverage and a small...
  8. Cycle-Path

    TKR Moving forward.

    Well, not good news today. IMPRESSION: 1. Focal full-thickness cartilage defects along the articular surface of the medial femoral condyle. 2. Large joint effusion. Everyone here knows where this leads...
  9. Cycle-Path

    TKR Moving forward.

    The right tkr knee is still doing great. Last post I mentioned numb patch changes and at this point it's getting closer to normal, but not quite there yet. I also mentioned my left knee aching in the last post. Well, it turned into downright pain after a slip at work. Some days it's hard to...
  10. Cycle-Path

    TKR 7 months out

    I'm no therapist, but I take four or five days off from working out every three or four weeks. It has been really good for helping with recovery and avoiding cumulative injury/aches.
  11. Cycle-Path

    TKR Moving forward.

    Getting to the 6 1/2 month point. My knee feels really good. The only time I really notice it is the day after a hard workout or big increase in demands on it. It will feel stiff and tight for ten or so steps when first getting up, but once moving it's fine. I have started to notice some...
  12. Cycle-Path

    TKR R TKR journey

    Compression type braces help me with that, a lot. Have you tried one yet? I've got a simple copper infused one, a cheapish Walmart one, and an expensive Bauerfeind brace. They each seem to provide different levels of support and comfort, but the Bauerfeind is without question my favorite one...
  13. Cycle-Path

    TKR Moving forward.

    Six months out at this point and things continue to improve every week. Getting around whether up/down stairs, on slopes, and in general gets more natural all the time. I'm still doing a lot of walking and some jogging. I've gotten into 13 minute miles at this point. One thing that I've...
  14. Cycle-Path

    TKR Knee clicking

    I just set a cup of coffee down on a coaster and thought how it sounded just like my new knee. Good luck!
  15. Cycle-Path

    TKR Moving forward.

    I guess that I'm 22 weeks post-op this week. Things are going well although the challenges of the first 12 weeks post-op seem like yesterday. My knee has felt really good for the last few weeks, but I did back off on my workouts during this period to provide some recovery time. Today I jumped...
Back
Top Bottom