Recent content by Cstucky

  1. C

    TKR Dental work after a TKR

    Thanks Vida and Mary for your input. I’m now 7 days away from the magic 3 month waiting time. The tooth was really painful but the antibiotics must have kicked in. The dentist and ortho surgeon gave me amoxicillin in case the pain started. The pills seem to be working. My dentist said 80 percent...
  2. C

    TKR Dental work after a TKR

    Had a very successful TKR on my right knee on Nov. 16, 2021. Less pain even than with my left TKR two years ago. I’m now riding my bike and am grateful to be able to walk for miles pain free.Now however I have a problem that’s causing me great anxiety. Hoping someone can offer input. Last week...
  3. C

    TKR 2nd knee, 2nd recovery

    I hope your sleep improves. I’m 31/2 weeks into my new right knee and sleep continues to evade me. I can get 2-3 hours in but then the dull ache returns, despite elevation and ice. We all do draw some comfort from one another in regard to sleep deprivation. Send that Sandman over! Good luck to all!
  4. C

    MUA Stiffness - hard to do exercises

    LinyKnee, Regarding the Tylenol you’re using. I had TKR on 11-16 and only took one pain pill. I’ve been fortunate to be able to control the pain with Tylenol too. Good luck with your recovery!
  5. C

    TKR Round Two

    Mary Cool, Congrats on your progress. We both had TKR on Nov. 16th. Things are going well for me, so much better than with my first knee. I’m actually able to sleep for a few hours in bed, amazing. Today I walked outside and the Sun in my face was invigorating. Good luck to all. This journey is...
  6. C

    TKR Dental work after a TKR

    Day 6, second TKR. I’m reminded of something a therapist told me that helped me and might help others. She said recovery isn’t linear. Just because one day seems better, the next could be not so good. Up until now, I’d been progressing well, doing exercises, very positive because the pain wasn’t...
  7. C

    TKR Dental work after a TKR

    Day 5, post op, right knee. Do appreciate the input on pain relief. I was open to the hydrocodone this time, but have been amazed not to need it. I’m taking 650 mg Tylenol Avery six hours and it’s keeping me comfortable. For some reason, I’ve been blessed with far less pain with this new knee...
  8. C

    TKR Second Knee Nov. 16th

    Thanks to all of you for all of your advice and support. Surgery tomorrow...some of you have wondered why I'd opt for avoiding pain medication. Both of my parents, who had health issues, got addicted to Oxy--so I'm hesitant. While I was advised to take pain meds for the first knee replacement...
  9. C

    TKR Second Knee Nov. 16th

    Two years ago, I had my left knee replaced. The support I received from Bone Smart was amazing. Last time, I attempted the surgery without taking pain killers. It was very painful but I did it. Not sure I'm going that route this time. I'll be checking to see what pain relief others had luck...
  10. C

    TKR 10 Days After Surgery Back Flaring

    Thanks to you both! I’ll take your advice and ice too. So appreciate the input. It’s easy to go to the worst case scenario at times. Love BoneSmart!
  11. C

    TKR 10 Days After Surgery Back Flaring

    I'm Back! Bone Smarters--SCARED and need some input. I had TKR on Nov. 5th 2019. All has been going well. The back isn't flaring as much and I'm walking about 3-4 miles and biking sometimes around 10 miles, which I started earlier this month. I've been very thrilled with my replacement, but...
  12. C

    TKR 10 Days After Surgery Back Flaring

    Thanks for the input. I’ll keep doing the exercises I’ve been given and walking.
  13. C

    TKR 10 Days After Surgery Back Flaring

    This is a happy, grateful post! A little over 3 months since my TKR, I’m thrilled with my new knee. And finally my back issues are manageable, most days not very painful at all. I’m able to walk 30-40 minutes with no pain in my knee or back and no negative after effects, so knee newbies take...
  14. C

    TKR 10 Days After Surgery Back Flaring

    Jakakio, thanks for the encouragement. What your PT says makes sense. The new knee is doing so well I’m hoping the back will follow! Appreciate your response!
  15. C

    TKR 10 Days After Surgery Back Flaring

    Thanks so much LD for your response. Off to the shoe store!!!
Back
Top Bottom