I am doing sooooo much better. I think it was true that I stopped the stronger pain meds too soon in my healing process. It was understandable that I wanted to avoid them at two weeks post-surgery after spending 6 hours in ER due to severe constipation (from pain meds), but once that was...
I need help. I am experiencing more pain than I have in a while. It's really affecting my walking, which had been coming along nicely. Now I hurt at this certain place just on the right side of my incision. At first I thought it was that I was over-worked at PT last Monday. But my husband...
@beticu, I also think I have done something to my knee this week. I let them push me too far at PT on Monday, and today I'm really hurting in a place that I don't recall hurting. They thought they could push me because I was doing so well. Now I'm paying for it. I'm going to have to really...
No problem, @becticu. No one can remember everyone's stories. And right now, that brain fog is HUGE! It was so funny....when I was in the ER last weekend due to severe constipation, they actually gave me some medication before a specific enima to help me relax. Apparently, it relaxed me too...
6 weeks does seem like it would be tough to return to your job with as much time on your feet and traveling long distances. If you could arrange to work from home part-time or ease into your full-time position, I think you would be happier. But, of course, only you can determine how that knee...
@becticu: I wish you had seen my face as I read your sweet letter. A smile, to a sad face and sigh, to a nod of understanding and empathy, to a smile of celebration. This is where you wish these temporary relationships on a forum could be more personal and face to face. I lost a dearly loved...
Hi @becticu. You read my entire thread? Wow....I'm impressed. Yet I have done the same with other people. I glean so much knowledge and just a sense of comradeerie when hearing from people going through what I am. Reading threads before my surgery helped me to go in very prepared, and not...
Thanks for checking in on me, @sandi4213. Getting ready to go have lunch with my school Speech/Language Pathologist buddies from the school district I just resigned from in January. I have actually turned my medical leave into a full retirement, so I'm going to miss all the wonderful...
I know, I worried that I'd lose ground on the first knee when I had the next surgery. That hasn't happened. In fact, I focused on the new knee and almost forgot about the first one. I think I was at 120 flexion and almost 0 extensionon the left knee when I had surgery on the right. As you...
Hi @becticu: 10 weeks ago I had a LTKR and 2 weeks ago I had a RTKR. I am doing well, with some definite issues that I had to deal with on each one. But I want to encourage you that you can do this and will be so grateful to have both knees done. I haven't read your story, so I can't speak...
Hi all. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement regarding my rather personal constipation issues. I am doing well now, and things are "moving" well now. But I will keep all of your suggestions for staying on a good health path in this area. It was miserable, but I'm doing well now...
My OS and other hospital nursing staff limit Tylenol to 3000 units a day. I see that yours recommends 4000. Again, I'm a bit fearful of causing myself future problems due to meds I am taking now. What are your thoughts?
Well, day 12 really threw me for a loop. I don't even know where to begin. I haven't been feeling super great the last few days, but it's really not been all about the knees. I haven't been able to eat much, and nothing sounds good and looks good or appealing. We had wonderful friends bring...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.