Recent content by Crissiea

  1. Crissiea

    THR Taking it easy

    Thank you for your advice. I knew ice cream would help heal! How could it not? :yay:
  2. Crissiea

    THR Taking it easy

    Hi All! 9 days post TLHR and doing well. I am walking with 1 crutch, sleeping on nonsurgical side (for a small amount of time) and going up and down stairs regularly. My biggest problem is ITCHING! All over the lower half of my body, but especially near my surgical wound, itches like crazy...
  3. Crissiea

    THR Taking it easy

    I just had my posterolateral tlhr on May 28, 2020. My OS planned on sending me home the same day, but.......it turns out that was easier said than done for me. I awoke from the surgery with tremendous pain ( an absolute 10). I do not recall which drug they gave me, but it started working...
  4. Crissiea

    2020 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

    I am scheduled for my left hip replacement on May 28. It was originally scheduled for June 17, so I am very happy to be getting it done sooner. I had my right knee replaced in June 2018 and found this website to be an invaluable source for information and support. Thank you all in advance...
  5. Crissiea

    THR If Your Surgery Is Postponed.....

    My surgery was scheduled for June 17, 2020 but has, of course, been postponed. Prior to lockdown, I was getting cortizone shots every 3 months. They worked wonders, but cortizone has to be out of your system for 3 months before scheduled surgery. My last shot was in Jan and has since worn off...
  6. Crissiea

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Right TKR at 1 month and 4 months
  7. Crissiea

    TKR On the other side

    I am now 4 months out and finally feel like I am turning that proverbial corner. At 3 months, I started back to working with my preschoolers for 30 hrs per week and it wiped me out! Everyday I went home, iced and took a nap. I couldn't do much beyond that. But now, when I get home from...
  8. Crissiea

    TKR On the other side

    So, not a huge worry, but one nonetheless. I still have a pronounced limp when I walk. I am at 13 weeks PO and wondering when/if I will walk normally again. I want to end PT, but am wondering if they hold the key to a normal gait or if it really is just a matter of time and use. Will I...
  9. Crissiea

    TKR On the other side

    I am now 11 weeks RTKR. I am recovering well except for ROM. I feel like I have been struggling with bending and while I don't push too hard, I do gentle stretches at home as well as normal daily activities. Two days ago, my PT said I was only at 95 and if I didn't work through it, I would...
  10. Crissiea

    TKR On the other side

    Thank you for your input. That was exactly what I was thinking. Before surgery I set a goal to make this journey in Aug. But, as I go through this post surgical experience for real, I think traveling back and forth will hinder my recovery. As you said, my knee likes to be up high with ice as...
  11. Crissiea

    TKR On the other side

    Past 5 weeks post op. I just started driving this week. I feel confident behind the wheel but also find it challenging. After about 10 min. I start to get pain behind my right knee (the new one). I am not venturing too far from home, for now, but my family is planning a 10 hour drive up...
  12. Crissiea

    TKR On the other side

    Now that the steri strips are almost all off, does anyone have any recommendations for lotions etc. for my scar? It has dry skin around it and I want to keep it supple yet minimize it as well. Is it safe to start moisturizing it now?
  13. Crissiea

    What does your TKR knee feel like?

    My knee was somewhat swollen and my knee cap was dislocated and moved around when I walked. The pain I felt was from the bone on bone grinding with each step I took. I was always able to bend it, but not put much weight on it, especially when going up or down stairs. Sitting down and standing...
Back
Top Bottom