Recent content by Crip

  1. C

    TKR LindaO's second verse - Both Knees Done Now<

    I remember a story from the veterinarian in Wales who wrote books and they were made into television episodes. He felt sorry for a lamb who was writhing in pain from a condition and he couldn't bear to see it in pain, so he gave it a shot of something that would allow it to die peacefully...
  2. C

    TKR Surgery 16 Feb 2017, wondering about pain

    Hi all, Well, I wasn't sure about the ODIC club membership, so I got sick & tired of all the icing, elevating & Advil/Tylenol and with the TENS unit working so well.....I'm sure I don't need to waste words filling ya'll in. Suffice it to say I was gob smacked with a sore and swollen leg that I...
  3. C

    TKR Surgery 16 Feb 2017, wondering about pain

    KarriB, jaschembra, flyaway79 Thanks for the birthdays wishes. Hubby had a Hawaiian Haystack dinner party for me and invited our daughter and her family, and a couple others. It was by far the best birthday to date. We laughed a lot. ODIC - yep, always been one of those I think:) Best news...
  4. C

    TKR Surgery 16 Feb 2017, wondering about pain

    @kneeper, @jschembra, Hope I did the @ sign correctly - I am hopelessly no up to date on social networking in any form:) I do keep thinking back to first coming home and not being able to lift my leg to even get it onto the bed, having to hook my left leg under it to lift it. Funny though...
  5. C

    TKR Surgery 16 Feb 2017, wondering about pain

    hvtx 51, Glad to meet you. I was raised in Texas until I was 15. Angleton. We are on same time line with surgery. I recieved my Tens unit today and using Josephine's instructions used it tonite. It Did take away majority of pain I was feeling. I did 2, 30 minute cycles. We went to restaurant...
  6. C

    TKR Surgery 16 Feb 2017, wondering about pain

    10 May 2017. Had my last apt today with the surgeon until next February:) Says Advil is more productive in the joint than Tylenol, but I could take Tylenol, 4000mg a day for normal days and take Advil if I thought I would be more active. He said they are re-evaluating Tylenol and thinking it...
  7. C

    TKR Surgery 16 Feb 2017, wondering about pain

    In all fairness, I'm not sure what is tight in my leg except surgical area. Don't know if I've ever had a ham string problem. I get shin splints more than anything and right now, its happening in my good leg! Probably compensating for bionic leg. Will find out tomorrow what Dr. says. I was...
  8. C

    TKR Surgery 16 Feb 2017, wondering about pain

    KarrieB, jaschembra, Thank you for getting back to me. I started the Tylenol yesterday. I have 500mg caplets, taking 2 at a time. Last night I also took my 3rd to last oxecodone (sp?), slept very well. Just woke up and took more Tylenol, back to warm puppy, bed & ice:) The sandman and I need...
  9. C

    TKR Hoping you can help - My knee gave out under me!

    I was having same problems but didn't do near the exercises you are doing because they hurt. I was told to do them, I tried and went to PT, but after about four visits which I left the sessions crying, I got support from these wonderfully wise women and quit PT. I was scared, but I was in...
  10. C

    TKR Surgery 16 Feb 2017, wondering about pain

    I'm pretty sure I'm not taking enough pain meds. The Advil has several nasty side effects and high blood pressure is just of the lesser known one's I worry about as I'm on 2 blood pressure meds now. Tylenol didn't seem to touch the pain, but I'm willing to bet I didn't take enough at one time. S
  11. C

    TKR Surgery 16 Feb 2017, wondering about pain

    The squats are baby squats, no more than 2 or 3" down. I've tried them maybe 3 times:) Not real big on routine exercise. I walk mostly, around the house, some outside on sunny days. Nothing strenuous, I'm not into pain at all. I'm glad I had the surgery, it's just such a long haul. I'm...
  12. C

    TKR Surgery 16 Feb 2017, wondering about pain

    It's been a few weeks since I posted. I'm still experiencing pain in my bionic knee area. I'm about 3 months out now & have appointment with OS on Wednesday this week. He told me 6 weeks ago to work one third on extension and two thirds on flexion. I haven't really done anything but walk...
  13. C

    PKR Can't do exercises<

    I left PT because it hurt too much and haven't regretted it at all. Read Josephine's 2 threads on her total recovery with no PT at all. I just needed to rest, sleep, ice, elevate, and take meds before pain got bad. I'm about 9 weeks into recovery and a trip to a plant sale yesterday required...
  14. C

    TKR Surgery 16 Feb 2017, wondering about pain

    KarriB My daughter just moved back to Pittsburgh:) Teaches at Pitt. We moved from Edmon, PA, northeast of Pittsburgh to NJ. Trust me, NJ is worse than Pittsburgh. We lived in Swedesboro, south of Philly. Further north may be different. Visited Princetown once:) A friend would drive...
  15. C

    TKR Surgery 16 Feb 2017, wondering about pain

    Zingers is a good word:) I took 2 of the oxicodones tonite before bed and first time I feel almost pain free. I'm getting so tired of the pain and then surgeon wants me back in 6 weeks. Wants me to work on the flexion and straightening.....I would do more if it didn't hurt so much. Am I...
Back
Top Bottom