Recent content by Creation

  1. Creation

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    You seem to be doing really good! We all over do it and we only know after the fact! Awsome you can do the stairs! I am still going up and down one leg.
  2. Creation

    TKR Di's Recovery Thread

    I think your knee is telling you loud and clear. I is hard to find the right balance of activity at every step! Unfortunately we allseem to know how much is too much once we hurt and swell!
  3. Creation

    TKR Saying hi and 2 weeks out<

    By putting a full load and more stress on your other leg it does take a toll on it! In my case my 1 tkr knee (left) done 5 years ago has been complaining about being the lead leg in stairs! That leg never took lead since it tore its meniscus 7-8 years ago. So now it has to help out the right...
  4. Creation

    TKR Round 2, RTKR, a new journey and hope

    8 weeks gift: a nice pedicure! So wonderfull to have your feet massaged and pampered! :)
  5. Creation

    TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

    My theory is that all people that have knee replacement are chronic over did it people! This is how we got in trouble , not listening to the messages our bodies would send! Hard to not try do everything in one trip! But if we want to extend the life of these new knees, we have to plan better...
  6. Creation

    TKR Round 2, RTKR, a new journey and hope

    So I ended going shoe shopping today, yesterday my knee was just too bad! I splurge, I have not had shoes to my taste for 10 years. My knees where croocked and I would just destroy the shoes because of my gait. Well now that they are straight here is my new summer shoes collection :)
  7. Creation

    TKR Round 2, RTKR, a new journey and hope

    Day 56 update. I am way more active during the day and feel very little pain occasionally nothing of concern to me. Inflammation is up, of course, being more active means less elevation and icing! Lets say I manage well during daytime. Only problem is that at night my knee comes back with a...
  8. Creation

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    Hi, and welcome. What you are describing sounds pretty typical. I has one scope and both knees replaced. The scope recovery can not even compare close to a replacement. This is major surgery and you are very early in the recovery process. You will feel tingling, tightness, pulls, pinches...
  9. Creation

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    I had those night time little jabs and I could not stand my blanket touching my knee either. What I did at night was to put a bandage on my knee, this would take the rubbing of the blanket off. Then I would during the day, several times ( once per hour) gently rub, massage my knee with the...
  10. Creation

    TKR Round 2, RTKR, a new journey and hope

    I vented a few days ago and here I am now with a spike in progress! I can stand for longer period, inflammation settles down faster. Today walked the grocery store ( the small one) and was good after. Then I helped my son put our new BBQ together! I sat down on a chair whenever I did not need to...
  11. Creation

    TKR Round 2, RTKR, a new journey and hope

    We use pads at night but it has not been a success because she stands on it but aim just outside! She is partially blind and is deaf . She use to be really easy to train but now she just does not understand new stuff. The vet was surprised last fall that she was still alive because of her...
  12. Creation

    TKR Round 2, RTKR, a new journey and hope

    This morning my old 15 1/2 years old schnoodle could not hold it and did her brown thing on the carpet near the door. She was outside 45 min prior to her accident. I can not be upset at her because she is old and has bad health. She as always been a great dog. She has been having the little...
  13. Creation

    TKR Round 2, RTKR, a new journey and hope

    @Celle, you are so right. I guess I a m growing impatient. It is spring in this part of the world and I wish I could go outside more and be more active. Dont worry for tylenol I make sure I do not go over the max daily dosage. I had taken 2 tylenol at 6:30 am and waited until 2 pm to take the...
  14. Creation

    TKR Di's Recovery Thread

    Yep, knee is the boss! You did good to vent out here, we all have days like that. Frustration with a healing process that is just so long! From my 1st experience 5 years ago, I remembered this experience as "hell" but it does , really, truly, it does get better! In 6 months to a year all this...
Back
Top Bottom