Recent content by Coppernob

  1. Coppernob

    Finger/Thumb Coppernob's New Thumb Joint

    Thanks for asking Marie. I'm doing ok thank you. The big bandage was taken off today when I had my first session of physiotherapy. Because the stitches don't come out for another week I couldn't do too much but apparently the ROM is already good so she doesn't want to see me for another three...
  2. Coppernob

    Finger/Thumb Coppernob's New Thumb Joint

    Thanks Marie. Now the anaesthetic has worn off my hand is painful and very bruised, but that's only to be expected. I have to keep gently bending my fingers which is easier said than done. I see the surgeon again in 2 weeks time when the dressing can come off and the stitches be taken out...
  3. Coppernob

    Finger/Thumb Coppernob's New Thumb Joint

    At the hospital waiting for another trigger finger release operation - middle finger of my left hand this time. Hope it's as successful as the last one.
  4. Coppernob

    Finger/Thumb Coppernob's New Thumb Joint

    Sorry for the late reply Grammy. My latest surgery was a replacement of the MCP joint in my right thumb. Before the surgery it was very weak and unstable. Now it feels almost normal again - it lets me know if I have done too much with it! I had it done under a general anaesthetic but was able...
  5. Coppernob

    Finger/Thumb Coppernob's New Thumb Joint

    Last Friday I finally got to see the surgeon for my post op appointment that was due at the end of April. He was delighted with how my thumb has healed and with the movement I now have in it. So am I! I also had a trigger finger released at the same time as the joint replacement op. This too...
  6. Coppernob

    Finger/Thumb Trigger Thumb

    I had the trigger finger on my right hand released last December. After the surgery I had to bend and stretch the finger regularly. It was stiff and painful for a few weeks but is now fine. I had previously had two steroid injections in it. The first one worked for a few weeks but the second...
  7. Coppernob

    Finger/Thumb Coppernob's New Thumb Joint

    Today was the day! I suddenly realised that I'd put on my socks and hadn't felt my thumb in the process. I still haven't got a date to see my surgeon for a post-op check but, as far as I'm concerned, everything seems to be going in the right direction.
  8. Coppernob

    Finger/Thumb Coppernob's New Thumb Joint

    Doing my exercises regularly has certainly paid off. Today the physiotherapist said my thumb has improved so much that I no longer need to wear a splint, and she doesn't need to see me again. I must now continue the strengthening exercises at home. My thumb is much less painful - the awful...
  9. Coppernob

    Finger/Thumb Coppernob's New Thumb Joint

    Well the physiotherapist was appalled at what I had been told by the nurse and said she "will be having words"! She was pleased with my progress. I was able to start bending my thumb a little bit today which was quite painful, and she also did some scar massage. I still have to keep it...
  10. Coppernob

    Finger/Thumb Coppernob's New Thumb Joint

    I had my stitches out last Wednesday and the nurse told me I had healed well, no longer needed a dressing on, could now shower and do whatever I liked. This completely contradicted what the hand specialist physiotherapist had told me. When I said this to the nurse she told me I could have a...
  11. Coppernob

    Finger/Thumb Coppernob's New Thumb Joint

    I was only in a pot for a week. I had my first physio session last Friday when the pot was removed and I did some very gentle exercises. Not much fun but I have to continue them at home and then see the physiotherapist again in two weeks. I now have a splint that I have to wear at night, or...
  12. Coppernob

    Finger/Thumb Coppernob's New Thumb Joint

    Hi CT. I had a general anaesthetic and a nerve block so had no pain at all for the first 18 hours or so. Knew about it when the block wore off but taking pain killers very regularly so it's not too bad now.
  13. Coppernob

    Finger/Thumb Coppernob's New Thumb Joint

    Long time no see everyone! Knees doing fine. Arthritis now invading other joints and two days ago I had a thumb joint replacement. Happy and healthy New Year one and all.
  14. Coppernob

    Knee Infection* Here I am again

    My husband and I have been spending a couple of weeks on holiday in beautiful Cornwall. We’ve revisited lots of places we were last at together 25 years ago, before we were married, and I’ve walked 50 to 60 miles, including several miles of the stunning, but sometimes strenuous, South West...
  15. Coppernob

    Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

    That’s such good news x
Back
Top Bottom