Recent content by Condo9

  1. C

    TKR 6 months po on TKR and knee is swollen and stiff

    Thank you! I’ll continue icing!
  2. C

    TKR 6 months po on TKR and knee is swollen and stiff

    After the fall my knee was stiff, but no pain. During the last week my knee has become swollen and stiff. It feels like a tight band under my knee. The only thing I’ve done differently is make an effort to go up and down stairs normally. Perhaps that is it. I’m concerned because we are leaving...
  3. C

    TKR 6 months po on TKR and knee is swollen and stiff

    20 weeks po and just tripped outside on the hose and fell on my replacement knee. I didn’t break any skin. I’m icing it now and hoping I didn’t damage it!
  4. C

    TKR 6 months po on TKR and knee is swollen and stiff

    Yes I had the MUA at 7 weeks and it did move me forward in my recovery.
  5. C

    TKR 6 months po on TKR and knee is swollen and stiff

    Haven’t posted in some time. Doing well at nearly 20 weeks po but today knee is very stiff and swollen. I’ve been doing more stairs than normal so wonder if that’s it.
  6. C

    TKR 6 months po on TKR and knee is swollen and stiff

    Just left my surgeons office and he had determined I need manual manipulation under anesthetic which is scheduled next Monday. He says it needs to be done now to get me where I should be.
  7. C

    TKR 6 months po on TKR and knee is swollen and stiff

    Thank you so much for your response and agreement. I feel very comfortable with my decision. I see my Dr on Thursday and will post my results.
  8. C

    TKR 6 months po on TKR and knee is swollen and stiff

    I cancelled pt on Friday but went yesterday and it will be my last visit. I was 6 weeks yesterday from my tkr. I reminded the therapist that my Dr. Wanted them to dial it back. She told me if we aren’t aggressive now you might have to have it manipulated under anesthesia. The head therapist had...
  9. C

    TKR Swelling knee

    My tkr was on March 18, today is 6 weeks for me. Still a lot of swelling and tightness. Have not had good results from pt. They hurt me and I had a setback for over a week. Just wondering if your swelling is better.
  10. C

    TKR 6 months po on TKR and knee is swollen and stiff

    I have also read using an ace bandage can help with swelling. It comes in a roll and is stretchy.
  11. C

    TKR 6 months po on TKR and knee is swollen and stiff

    Hope everyone is having a good day! I feel I’m a strong person and I certainly didn’t expect having a tkr would stretch my patience like it has. The constant swelling and tightness no matter how much elevating and icing I do, the frustration on depending on others to do for me, the exhaustion...
  12. C

    TKR 6 months po on TKR and knee is swollen and stiff

    My Dr wants me to continue with the PT and my feeling is I’d like to stop and see what happens. My knee feels like a vice is around it, so tight and swollen. We would like to travel home in a few weeks by air and make plans to do so but I’m concerned I’ll be ready by then.
  13. C

    TKR 6 months po on TKR and knee is swollen and stiff

    Thank you for your response. I agree with you. The PT I have done so far has not been positive. I am doing all the things you suggest. Progress is slow but I’m moving forward.
Back
Top Bottom