Recent content by cmgknee

  1. C

    TKR Back problems, 14 weeks in

    Yes. I’ve been working with the therapist and using Both ice and heat. I’ve also had very frequent massage. But it seems the more active I become, the worse my back is getting! Very frustrating
  2. C

    TKR Back problems, 14 weeks in

    Looking for similar experiences and advice: I’m 14 weeks post op eft TKR. Before the surgery, my left leg had become quite deformed and my pelvis and back twisted to adjust to it. Now that my left leg is perfectly straight, I have mid-to-lower back pain that worsens as the day goes on. It’s less...
  3. C

    TKR Back problems, 14 weeks in

    Yes, I have cut the 5 mg oxycodone in half and spread them out over 24 hours. I’m taking each half with one 500 mg Tylenol. I’ve been on this regimen for probably the last 3 weeks. It feels rather benign, but I’m wondering at what point do I try to tough it out without the narcotic?
  4. C

    TKR Back problems, 14 weeks in

    Oh—Here’s another concern I have. I’m still taking 10mg of oxycodone every day, plus 3,000 of Tylenol — Does that Sound appropriate?
  5. C

    TKR Back problems, 14 weeks in

    Thank you All! Your positive reinforcement was JUST what I needed!
  6. C

    TKR Back problems, 14 weeks in

    So I took some stock today: It’s nearly 12 weeks since my TKR — I have great extension, but still can only bend between 100 and 110 degrees. My back KILLS me if I walk around too much without my cane. And I still get tired if I do more than 1 activity a day. I do make the bed, can manage a load...
  7. C

    TKR Back problems, 14 weeks in

    Thanks for the suggestions!_ I’m going to give it a week and try again, movies this time
  8. C

    TKR Back problems, 14 weeks in

    Oh my! It seems a I want to rush EVERYTHING! Honestly, I’m trying very hard to slow down and not expect too much. What would be a reasonable expectation for going to the theater or a concert?
  9. C

    TKR Back problems, 14 weeks in

    Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I’m continuing with massage dnd dome mild exercise. I also started a little bit on the stationary bike—I can get all the way around(!) but can only do about 10 minutes. I agree this is a MUCH SLOWER recovery Thani ever imagined
  10. C

    TKR Back problems, 14 weeks in

    So I tried going to a play this week (10 weeks) and couldn’t stand sitting that long, my thigh muscles felt SORE and I couldn’t stretch out my knee. It just felt awful and we left at intermission! How long before I can sit through an entire show or concert or plane trip for that matter...
  11. C

    TKR Hawthorne - recovery!

    I’m sorry! Could you just explain how your lower leg happened to be blistered and torn ?
  12. C

    TKR Back problems, 14 weeks in

    Also, following up on timing my walks//How long do you think they should be?
  13. C

    TKR Back problems, 14 weeks in

    Ok so it’s time to be a bit gentler with myself. Would you say that is the reason I am so very tired?
  14. C

    TKR Back problems, 14 weeks in

    Hi Josephine, Thank you so much for your detailed answer. I do, however, have a number of clarifications; 1. Pain score - YES, I DID factor in stiffness and swelling, which is why it’s so high. If I didn’t, I would call the pain 2-3. 6. I am elevating properly. Ok, I jettisoned the Fitbit! Now...
Back
Top Bottom