Recent content by CME

  1. C

    TKR CME's recovery thread<

    Hi. Can I ask you about pain management at this stage. I’ve had to increase again in the last few days. I’ve never managed the pain well except for first two weeks after surgery as an quite anxious about using too much.
  2. C

    TKR Glosnana's Recovery

    Hi there. I’m 13 weeks tomorrow. I went back to full time with this week and have got on well. However, each evening back to swelling of knee and a lot of pain. I guess it’s being overworked again as driving also in traffic. I’m walking well but still not able to go downstairs one by one. That’s...
  3. C

    TKR CME's recovery thread<

    Hi there. I’m 13 weeks tomorrow. I went back to full time with this week and have got on well. However, each evening back to swelling of knee and a lot of pain. I guess it’s being overworked again as driving also in traffic. I’m walking well but still not able to go downstairs one by one. That’s...
  4. C

    TKR 8 months post TKR...looking back

    It’s very uplifting to hear the positive outcomes. I’m now 11 weeks post TKR and feel so much better in the last two weeks. I’m looking forward now to full recovery. I just go to aqua physiotherapy once a week now which I’m really enjoying. I gave up other PT as struggled with it. The water...
  5. C

    TKR CME's recovery thread<

    Thanks you for this advice. I did take tramadol but it made me very nauseous. I also think I have been too ambitious trying to cut down on medication as afraid of side effects of drugs. Avascular Necrosis was caused by prednisone so it’s made me very anxious about drugs. I will take the Solpodol...
  6. C

    TKR CME's recovery thread<

    Solpodol 30mg x 2 twice daily Ibuprofen 400mg twice daily These are the amounts I took today and still have a lot of pain this evening. Thanks,
  7. C

    TKR CME's recovery thread<

    1. Pain level at 8 right now which is 11pm. It starts to get bad early evening and worse at night. 2. I was on Solpodol and Tramadol after the initial post op medication but had reduced down to ibuprofen 400mg 3 times a day. In the last few days I have had to take Solpodol x 2 twice a day to...
  8. C

    TKR CME's recovery thread<

    I answered all questions but not sure if post went through
  9. C

    TKR CME's recovery thread<

    Hi, I’m answering these as best I can. I am away on family holiday and know I have been doing a lot more. 1 - my pain level at 8 at night. Not too bad during the day but has become very bad early evening into night 2 nun y o
  10. C

    TKR CME's recovery thread<

    Yes please - I would appreciate that
  11. C

    TKR CME's recovery thread<

    Hi Benny. I massage Vaseline over scar and leave for about 30 minutes. Then I get double the amount of cling film you would think you need and just wrap it around it so scar is covered. It’s made the biggest difference for me. Just wondering at just 9 weeks what pain relief you are using. I’m...
  12. C

    TKR CME's recovery thread<

    Hi. I’m 8 weeks now and can walk a fair distance on one crutch. Pain can still be an issue. My sleep has improved with using cling film and also not taking codeine after early evening. My knee replacement was very tough as had significant bone graft completed too. I managed to get on flight last...
  13. C

    TKR Glosnana's Recovery

    Hi - I had my knee replacement the 19th April and feel much the same as you. My first surgery and I was so nervous. It’s been a rollercoaster since with pain and most of all emotionally. 6 weeks today and this site has helped me so much. I don’t think anyone prepare you for the way you feel so...
  14. C

    TKR CME's recovery thread<

    Thanks again. I tried cling film last night and it really helped. It took away the pain of sheets touching etc. just used supermarket cling film available in Ireland and it worked a treat. Still cannot sleep. Awake until 4am. Feel exhausted all the time.
  15. C

    TKR CME's recovery thread<

    Thanks so much. I will try the cling film tonight as just couldn’t get any sleep last night. I’m also trying to massage it a bit myself but struggle with it really.
Back
Top Bottom