Recent content by clara4fun

  1. C

    THR New hip new life recovery thread

    Greetings! Progress continues. I am still feeling some pain after walking but am working on taking that slowly. Back spasms-oy vay! I am accuustomed to it because my spine was a mess before the surgery. Heating pad fixes that right up and I am finding that I need it less. Looking back, the only...
  2. C

    THR New hip new life recovery thread

    My trip to Big Sky (5 weeks post op) was FANTASTIC! I did get to join my husband and friends on a snowmobile trip through Yellowstone. The ride was smooth and the scenery, wildlife and Old Faithful's "performance" was gorgeous. No increase in pain or swelling during the trip but for this Florida...
  3. C

    THR New hip new life recovery thread

    Excellent effort @Layla. This is a very smooth guided trail ride. Most people who know me would say I am a high energy person, but they also know I am super cautious when it comes to speed in most vehicles other than cars. I might give you that 2mph after all!
  4. C

    THR New hip new life recovery thread

    Big Sky is indeed the snowmobiling trip @Layla. He said that based on how I am today and with continued healing he says he is fine with snowmobiling. In the end, it will require my common sense. But I am very happy that the possibility is there :dancy:
  5. C

    THR New hip new life recovery thread

    Staples are out and xray looks good. Cleared to drive. No need for PT. Cleared for trip to Big Sky next month. I did find it interesting to learn, though, to not be surprised if the drop in temperatures (I live in Florida) causes some pain to visit again. As always, thanks for all of the support...
  6. C

    THR 1-8-19 hip surgery recovery

    There's that PT question again. My guess is that @goblue61 is trusting his OS regarding PT? I am following that philosophy, too, even though I will not do anything that is painful. I figure that if I trust the surgeon to cut me and install my new hip I will follow his advice regarding PT. Just...
  7. C

    THR New hip new life recovery thread

    LLD @Layla means what? Something to do with the foreign object feeling I have?
  8. C

    THR New hip new life recovery thread

    Oh yes, @Carriemay60 I live in Florida and although it was rainy today I sat poolside on the lanai and the fresh air helped
  9. C

    THR New hip new life recovery thread

    Not sure if this is day 13 or 14 - - do we count surgery date? Anyhow, this morning I noticed that the hip itself feels like it is becoming more incorporated into my body. I still feel uneven, and the new hip still feels foreign buut overall, there seems to be improvement. I have taken the...
  10. C

    THR New hip new life recovery thread

    Today was difficult. Yesterday, Day 10, I graduated from the walker and worked hard on my "exercises." Today I feel like I got run over by a truck and have been emotional, too. I feel like my legs are drastically different lengths and the new hip itself still feels so large and somewhat foreign...
  11. C

    THR New hip new life recovery thread

    It's been 9 days and here's what's new. I am thrilled that getting in and out of bed is so much easier, as that was painful the first several days We have had very good friends visiting for a few days. The laughter and companionship has been a great distraction and it has helped my recovery...
  12. C

    THR New hip new life recovery thread

    Ouch, what a memory @Carriemay60 This razor was not THAT kind, but I can relate to your fear :heehee:
  13. C

    THR New hip new life recovery thread

    Day 4 post op for me today. My range of motion is improving in terms of getting in and out of bed and with things like heel slides. Still taking hydrocodone for pain and using ice. I am also taking Celebrex. Yesterday I used an outdoor (waterproof) chair in the shower and it felt fantastic...
  14. C

    THR New hip new life recovery thread

    I came home yesterday and I guess the best word to describe it is "surprising". The pain has been more than I expected. Up until surgery I was relying on the details of a dear friend's recovery to help me set my expectations. She is not as fit as I am, but didn't use a walker and stopped pain...
  15. C

    THR New hip new life recovery thread

    Leaving for the hospital in 30 minutes. Feeling nervous but focusng on better days on the other side of this. Thank you in advance for your support and well-wishes! Let's do this. :) :-) (:
Back
Top Bottom