I had a couple of what I believe the doctor called suture abcesses. He said they weren't really abcesses but were the body's reaction to the sutures. One of them actually "spat out" a knot. That said, they were not very big. Maybe like a moderate size pimple.
Don't use anything on your incision while it is healing without first checking with your doctor. I have an acquaintance that has been using hydrogen peroxide on a wound for years and it has not healed. :yikes:
Many "old school" remedies did more harm than good.
Could you put the box(es) on a raised surface? Maybe a folding table? I volunteer at a cat rescue and we put the food and water on one in the community room.
I was given something to drink before surgery. I don't remember if it was Ensure. If this is the purpose of the Ensure, be sure to talk to your doctor about making any substitute. I suspect that you need to have an empty stomach at the time of surgery and other beverages may not empty from the...
I had thigh muscle spasms that started about 2 months after surgery. Turns out I had poor extension and was told I was basically doing lunges with every step with that leg. I focused on doing extension stretches and they stopped after about a week. Not a quick fix but nothing about this...
Just a thought, if this is a trip with friends, you will get a lot of sympathy/empathy if you find yourself in need of help. If it is with a group of strangers, not so much.
I found a knee sleeve that has a round patch of padding at the knee that is helpful. The padding is probably not enough for kneeling a long time. Found it at Walgreens
@whoshebaby Just my opinion but I would postpone the trip until after the surgery. If your knees felt like mine, you will enjoy the trip more once you are walking comfortably again. As the moderators will say, recovery can take a year or more. BUT if you don't have any complications, you may...
I saw my ortho yesterday and he is happy with my progress. He doesn't need to see me again for 4 years.
Before surgery I had to shift my weight from leg to leg when standing because my knees hurt. Walking had become too painful to walk very far or fast due to bone spurs in my left knee. I...
I had a spinal for my first knee and I'm pretty sure they gave me some propophol right before the injection. One minute they are getting me in position, next thing I knew I was waking up from the surgery.
@Debbie S Getting to the point of going down stairs seems to take FOREVER! It requires more range of motion than going up. So as that improves, so will being able to go down stairs.
@Whoodee I am a breast cancer survivor. If that is what it is, sounds like you caught it early. My understanding is that the earlier it is caught, the easier the treatment. Best of luck.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.