Recent content by CJS57

  1. CJS57

    Revision THR Revision of LTHR With Constrained Ball and Cup

    Hi 3rd! And all! Also thanks for this forum! I am doing really well, full movement and no pain and no meds. So I am blessed. About the 6 dislocations, it wasn't so bad pain wise. There was no pain for me at the moment of the hip coming loose! Just an odd deep feeling of something wrong. Then...
  2. CJS57

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    Good luck on the new revision. I have one too because my original non-constrained hip dislocated 6 times after a fall. The joint itself was good but the surrounding tissue became too loose to help hold things together and it would pull out in situations that were ok for the first 4 years. The...
  3. CJS57

    THR Weight after surgery

    I gained 10 or more lbs. after THR revision. All going extremely well otherwise. Same thing happened first time but now I am prepared and am fighting it! I think something happens to certain people that makes us want to eat more after surgery! Plus the reduction of exercise. I agree with...
  4. CJS57

    Revision THR I have 4 questions, I could sure use your feedback!

    I had to wear the same brace for a week after a revision. It is not fun! They let me take mine off for showers and sleeping at home after wearing it full time during the 4 days in the hospital recovering. I could drive an automatic car while wearing it on the 4th day (drove home after they...
  5. CJS57

    Revision THR Revision of LTHR With Constrained Ball and Cup

    Josephine, Thanks so much for your response! I am very concerned about how this constrained hip will feel as it approaches a dislocation and you mentioned pain. The first non-constrained hip had no pain at all at the instant of pulling out. Just a very unusual feeling of a deep reverse popping...
  6. CJS57

    Revision THR Revision of LTHR With Constrained Ball and Cup

    I had a left THR 4 years ago and it all went picture perfect. Then I fell twice and dislocated that hip. Then I dislocated 4 more times doing movements that were ok before. So I had the Stryker constrained hip socket installed. The femoral stem remained the same but with a new 2mm larger screw...
Back
Top Bottom