Recent content by chrisknee

  1. C

    Revision TKR TKR - Feel like a Failure<

    @funkymuse - You're the first person I've seen reference the "knife" feeling. I can totally relate to that. I sure am hoping this diminishes over time.
  2. C

    Revision TKR TKR - Feel like a Failure<

    @KarriB - thanks!!! I didn't have a normal recovery either. If you can come through all that so can I!
  3. C

    Revision TKR TKR - Feel like a Failure<

    @KarriB - I hadn't thought about complications making people more aware. Totally makes sense this is a factor. If I didn't still have the lingering issues I believe the awareness would be much less. Thanks for the insight.
  4. C

    Revision TKR TKR - Feel like a Failure<

    @Jockette - I feel gradual improvement but it is oh so slow. Sometimes I don't even notice there is an improvement - when people say I'm walking and moving better that surprises me. However, I have noticed there are things I can do now that I couldn't a few months ago. And I am no longer...
  5. C

    Revision TKR TKR - Feel like a Failure<

    @rustic - thank you for your observations. I especially like the "regular knee with a bunch of minor stuff wrong with it" analogy. I think you have it pretty well nailed regarding "knee awareness" and "range to awareness." Sounds like you're doing great at four months out! My tight band...
  6. C

    Revision TKR TKR - Feel like a Failure<

    @Newboots - Yes, I had swelling for a very long period of time. But my recovery was not typical as I had to have two surgeries on the same knee within three months which created quite a bit of trauma. The swelling is finally gone now but it took longer than usual (I was told swelling can take...
  7. C

    Revision TKR TKR - Feel like a Failure<

    Question please - I still am very aware of the artificial knee. Although diminished, still stiff and tight when walking and just doesn't feel "normal." Very aware with every step. Others I know who had the TKR say they don't notice a difference between their real knee and the TKR knee. What...
  8. C

    Revision TKR TKR - Feel like a Failure<

    I haven't written on the Forum in awhile but check in often to see how others are doing and to read and reread the responses to my posts as I proceed through this knee replacement journey. I continue to take encouragement from others' words and experiences. I am 20 months now from my TKR...
  9. C

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    I can definitely see why you would shelve second opinions. It is amazing to me that some surgeons offer such little information about the surgery or alternatives. I only heard all the good things - never heard not everyone gets a good outcome, etc. I wish things would be more upfront -...
  10. C

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Jockette - I saw your comment about your lateral release and agree with your assessment that the procedure can cause issues. Like you I had the patella replacement as well as lateral release. As we've discussed, my surgery failed right away and I had to have the total knee replaced three...
  11. C

    Revision TKR TKR - Feel like a Failure<

    @Jordan6 - you are definitely not alone in this journey! I truly hope the spinal block helps you. I see you had a revision - me too. It's rough to have to go through this surgery twice. So I'm 14 months out and just now starting to feel better. There's been so much to go through - sounds...
  12. C

    Revision TKR TKR - Feel like a Failure<

    @KarriB - I have read an earlier post of yours to me many times where you said it was 20 months when you noticed you were kneeling in a pool. Your post today gives me such encouragement - still noticing improvements at 18 months and didn't have to do anything about scar tissue - I also had two...
  13. C

    Revision TKR TKR - Feel like a Failure<

    I am fourteen months out and finally feel there may be light at the end of the tunnel. I am walking unassisted for the most part and no longer require pain medication (although there is some pain it does not interfere with my daily activities). I still have stiffness and the tight band feeling...
  14. C

    Revision TKR TKR - Feel like a Failure<

    @Hopetohike You are describing my experience perfectly! I too believe my knee is improving but so slowly I can barely tell. I too have the crackly noises - primarily when I get up from a sitting position. I pointed that out to my doctor this week and he had me get up and sit down several...
  15. C

    Revision TKR TKR - Feel like a Failure<

    @SusieShoes - it is good to hear someone else has been told the knees will continue to improve. Gives me hope. I agree with your assessment about "recovered enough" at 3 months. I think that doctors should provide more realistic expectations and tell you at the beginning that the operation...
Back
Top Bottom