Recent content by ChrisF

  1. C

    PKR PKR or TKR Questions

    Hi, I had a PKR of my right knee in March 2010, mine was also the medial compartment. After the initial swelling and pain my recovery was very quick and the procedure was extremely successful, the range of motion is brilliant. It gave me a new lease of life. I had a TKR of my left knee on...
  2. C

    TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

    Hello, it’s been a week since I posted and I’ve had an awful time. On Sunday morning I felt dreadful, obviously still sore everywhere but my heart rate became very erratic and combined with the pain in my upper back and chest I was really frightened I was going to have a heart attack so my...
  3. C

    TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

    Im very sore, not surprisingly but reassured that I haven’t done more permanent damage. The bruising is starting to appear in several places but I think, other than more swelling, my knee has survived the extra trauma. My ribs took most of the impact but nothing broken. I’m sure by next...
  4. C

    TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

    Thank you for the reminder of a local walk in centre. I went first thing this morning and was only there an hour. I was fully checked out with stethoscope and heart monitor as well as tapped and prodded. the doctor believes the pain in my upper back is internal bruising and that there is no...
  5. C

    TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

    Hello, I’m now 7 weeks and 4 days post op and this morning I fell from top to bottom of my staircase (carpeted) Stupidly I had something in each hand and my dog nudged me and I couldn’t hold the banister. I ended up at the bottom hitting my head on the hardwood floor and eventually in the...
  6. C

    TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

    Thanks, I have wondered this. I don’t take the codeine phosphate anymore and I am getting longer periods of sleep now x
  7. C

    TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

    Thank you, yes Ive started to get them. A bit like an electric shock, I guess it’s the nerves getting sorted. I try to think of them as good but I do give involuntary yelps when it happens.
  8. C

    TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

    Thank you, that’s reassuring to know.
  9. C

    TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

    Hi Marie, what are ‘zingers’? I dread the evenings as I get very fidgety and yes anxious and can’t wait for things to improve. I feel I’m wishing the summer away, which I hate to do. I usually love to be out gardening in these light nights
  10. C

    TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

    Hi I’m still struggling with fatigue and not sure if it’s because of Covid or whether I’d still be this way with lack of sleep . Like you though I am getting a couple of hours at a time and do eventually fall back to sleep after waking up several times a night. I’ve not actually been for any...
  11. C

    TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

    It’s coming up to 6 weeks on Tuesday and I don't feel I’m progressing much at all. The fatigue from Covid has compounded the tiredness from lack of sleep since the surgery and has left me feeling absolutely wiped out. I walk around quite a lot now but the heat in my knee is tremendous. I...
  12. C

    TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

    I’m glad your surgery was able to go ahead, I was terrified mine would be cancelled. I see it’s very early days for you. It’s 5 weeks tomorrow since my surgery and I would say the worst part for me is still lack of decent sleep. My GP has prescribed a nerve relaxant and this has helped a...
  13. C

    TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

    Thank you for your advice. I’m drinking tonic water and it does seem to be helping a little.
  14. C

    TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

    Another totally sleepless night it’s seems like my whole left side has cramp/pins and needles. It even seems to extend into my hand which is slightly tingly ( this is new) All a bit worrying as I thought I’d gone beyond this. I wouldn’t mind so much but I’d just told my GP that I was...
  15. C

    TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

    Thank you for your advice. I find the support on this forum is really reassuring. I’m so glad I discovered it.
Back
Top Bottom