I got a second opinion. That surgeon thinks the cup is loose. He ordered a sample from the hip to test for infection. Don't have results yet. Too early to do a bone scan to see if the cup is loose. I guess you can't do a bone scan until a year has passed.
It has been 8 months now and I am still hobbling, especially if I have been sitting a while - then steps are super painful. I still need a cane to walk. I can walk about 3 blocks.
It is not partially torn, is is completely ruptured. The TA did not admit it was ruptured in surgery and no mention was made of it in the notes, but I had a MRI two months before surgery and it was intact and I walked 12000 steps the day before surgery. Now I am dragging my leg and can walk...
After continued problems with pain and mobility the doctor ordered an MRI. The results showed that my Rectus Femoris tendon had been ruptured during surgery. This is causing pain and mobility problems. The doctor is saying that he doesn't recommend reattaching. Does anybody know what it...
I am at ten weeks and have made some progress. I am only occassionally taking OTC pain meds. I can walk about 1000 steps before fatique sets in and must stop. Still can't sleep on operated side. Still hurts to sit for more than a half hour. I think it is a tight piraformis but I don't...
Hope you are feeling better. I am in the same boat as you. Surgery about the same time and am very slow to heal. I have total empathy for you. It is odd how people can be so different. My wife walked two miles after two weeks. After 10 weeks I can walk a few blocks.
Week seven - I saw the PA last week. He took an X-ray and said things looked fine. I made progress this week but still have the butt pain. I wish I knew more about anatomy but it seems like the piraformis muscle. Walking with a pronounced limp and still using the cane but sometimes...
Sorry to hear that. Us Yanks always heard about the British "keeping a stiff upper lip" so do that and I agree, it will pass. Sounds like you are doing well. I know the feeling, you are sick of being so limited that when the pain diminishes, you do too much. And you think you would learn a...
I am at week six and going back to the doctor to see if I can get an answer. I cannot sit for more than 20-30 minutes before 6-7 pain sets in. It has been that way since the surgery. If I sit for an hour I will pay with pain that will continue. Has anybody else had this? Do surgeons ever...
I can totally empathize. I am five weeks out and not where I expected to be. Tramadol, a synthetic narcotic, and a muscle relaxer called Visterol helped me in the painful stage. See what you doctor says about them. I no longer take them so I have made progress and you will too.
My wife got a shot and it helped knock it out. She takes Aleve occasionally if she feels it flares up. Have you tried some physical therapy too? That helped my wife.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.