Recent content by Chillimac

  1. Chillimac

    TKR Rehab Starts now !

    Unfortunately Susie it doesn't work like that for me in my job. I work in an heavy engineering manufacturing plant and the only time I get to sit is for my half hour lunch break. I suppose I'm lucky that I've got a phased return, they've only been implemented in the last 18 months. When I had my...
  2. Chillimac

    TKR Rehab Starts now !

    If my , very lucky up to now, healing genes, do their work, I should be fine although I anticipated a certain degree of pain and ordered some prescription only pain meds when I saw my GP a couple of weeks ago just in case.
  3. Chillimac

    TKR Rehab Starts now !

    Unfortunately Sistersinhim I can't work short weeks indefinitely. I'm on a 6 weeks phased return so whether I like it or not, by week 7 I'll be back working full time.
  4. Chillimac

    TKR Rehab Starts now !

    So do I. The last thing I want to do is take more time off sick as I can’t cope with my working days. I know from experience it’ll get easier I’ve just got to find the right formula.
  5. Chillimac

    TKR Rehab Starts now !

    Back to Work Update: I thought the tide had turned.. .......... how wrong was I! After Tuesdays struggles and having Wednesday as a rest day, Thursday went really well. A bit of discomfort by the time I finished my days work but nothing I couldn't handle, I'm thinking, great, turned...
  6. Chillimac

    TKR Rehab Starts now !

    Kneeper, by the time I got home I couldn’t even manage a stretch lol. It’s a long time on your feet when you’ve been recovering for three months but it’ll get easier as time goes on.
  7. Chillimac

    TKR Rehab Starts now !

    A day off today, my phased return helps so I’m expecting a slightly easier day tomorrow. Unfortunately my job is standing all day but I’ll have to grit my teeth. I be been putting in extra work in the gym in the last 3 weeks with the agreement of my Physio and I dread to think what I’d have been...
  8. Chillimac

    TKR Rehab Starts now !

    Very sore by the time I got home. I could feel it swelling as the day went on. Shower the rest, elevation and ice for an hour and a half helped the knee but everywhere else ached too lol. Back, hips, calves, when I stood up I had to stand for around 30 seconds then walk cos I’d seized up from...
  9. Chillimac

    TKR Rehab Starts now !

    Back To Work First day back in work after 12 weeks off and boy has 8 1/2 hrs on my feet taken a toll !!
  10. Chillimac

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    Oh my, so would I!!!!!!!! Then I'd love to be their physiotherapist............... then they'd know some real pain!!!
  11. Chillimac

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    I had a partial 4 years ago. Went through all the usual "its not as bad as TKR" The recovery is easier, etc, etc. I'm just over 2 months out from having a TKR on my other knee and while the TKR is a slightly slower recovery, don't let anyone fool you, it still takes plenty of time to heal the...
  12. Chillimac

    TKR Rehab Starts now !

    You're right Susie, my physio is very good. The first thing she does at each session is sit and talk to me for 5 mins. Ask what I've been doing exercise wise, am I having any pain or swelling, how am I sleeping then watches me walk a few times up and down the gym. She can tell how I've...
  13. Chillimac

    TKR Rehab Starts now !

    EIGHT WEEKS PHYSIO A change from my expectations with my physio visit today. She’s had me building strength in the joint as well as extension. Stretching for the extension has got me to 2 degrees, she’s now decided that she’s not going to push me to get zero. In her opinion it’s better to let...
  14. Chillimac

    TKR Rehab Starts now !

    I'm under no illusions Susie and Sisters, I won't be putting 3x20kg plates either side of an Olympic bar and squatting it as I used too. It'll be a half Olympic bar, no weights to begin with. The first sign of ANY discomfort, I'll stop. Like all those experienced in knee rehab on here tell...
  15. Chillimac

    TKR Rehab Starts now !

    8 Weeks Out Physio Report and Back To Work Meeting. Great news from my physio session today. She is very happy with my progress. It seems my kneecap problem is resolving itself quicker than both my physio and myself thought it would. I've been exercising the knee carefully but...
Back
Top Bottom