Recent content by CherryRed

  1. CherryRed

    THR Opposite side!

    Thank you so much, Layla! Can't believe it's three months already. I'm doing really well - completely off painkillers, no walking aids indoors (though I'm still using two sticks outdoors, as the neuropathy and damage on my left side is still just as bad, and I'm still unbalanced). I'm looking...
  2. CherryRed

    THR Opposite side!

    Thank you all - your support and encouragement means everything to me. So happy I found this group. Mojo333, I'm so glad you're managing your stenosis so well. A 4-mile walk - fantastic!! I ignored the pain for many months (maybe longer) until it became unbearable, at which point I had an MRI...
  3. CherryRed

    THR Opposite side!

    Hello Hippie friends - and thank you, Layla. I'm doing well. Recovery has been slower than I expected, and I was feeling discouraged until I saw the physio at the hospital for my 6-week post op check. She was immensely reassuring, said my range of movement was excellent for 6 weeks, and still...
  4. CherryRed

    THR Opposite side!

    Thanks, Clairebella. I've been using Bio Oil on the incision (the nurse who checked it at 14 days advised keeping it moisturised), so maybe I'll add some gentle massage to that and see what happens.
  5. CherryRed

    THR Opposite side!

    Thanks everyone for your reassuring responses! Today's question - I still have a hard swelling under the incision - it's not painful, but it doesn't seem to be getting much smaller, even with regular icing. Otherwise, the incision is healing nicely, with no issues other than the expected...
  6. CherryRed

    THR Opposite side!

    Thank you so much. :loveshwr:
  7. CherryRed

    THR Opposite side!

    Thanks so much. I'm pretty much on track with the activity, though the walking has mostly been around the house - so, pretty short walks. At my request, I wasn't prescribed any strong painkillers (I can't risk the constipation they cause, especially while I'm on blood thinners), so Ive been...
  8. CherryRed

    THR Opposite side!

    Thanks - that's what I'm doing. Fingers crossed (but legs not crossed! :)).
  9. CherryRed

    THR Opposite side!

    I know there's probably no definitive answer to this - but is it normal to still have considerable pain 4 weeks post surgery? I'm worried I could have done something in my sleep, or breaking the 90-degree rule (which I have done a few times). I feel as if I should be further along, or even as if...
  10. CherryRed

    THR Opposite side!

    Clairebella, thank you for that! If it has a name (the one-month slump) it must be a thing - and that alone is reassuring. I remember when I had my first knee replacement, 14 years ago, and hit a downturn at around the same point. As if she knew (I'm sure she did, because it must happen to so...
  11. CherryRed

    THR Opposite side!

    Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since my surgery, and things feel very up and down. I know it's early days, and this is to be expected. I'm still impatient with myself, though, and easily frustrated. I'm finding it difficult to pace myself, and to manage expectations - my own and others' - of what I...
  12. CherryRed

    THR Opposite side!

    SurreyGirl, thanks for that! That's pretty much what I'm doing too, and I think you're right about the icing. I'm doing it less now, simply because I'm up and about more and I forget! :groan:Thanks for the reminder to revisit the freezer at regular intervals! It always helps. Esmeralda, I hope...
  13. CherryRed

    THR Opposite side!

    Hi Esmeralda! Yes - 3 weeks yesterday. Things are improving, I'm pleased to say. I'm down to one crutch indoors, though I still need two for longer walks (I have weakness/numbness from nerve damage in my other leg). Not that I'm doing any long walks yet! :loll:Pain is starting to recede. I've...
  14. CherryRed

    THR Opposite side!

    Thanks for asking, Hippie Chick. I'm doing ok! :) Swelling is starting to go down, and so is the pain. I'm sure both of those are largely thanks to ice, so many thanks again to everyone who urged me not to give up on it. I'm starting to feel the "strangeness" of the new joint - it really does...
  15. CherryRed

    THR Opposite side!

    Yup, glasshalffull - I'm in a similar position, in my 70s with a wonderful supportive partner, so there's no pressure (except from within myself) to get going super-fast. I'm amazed at what your PT told you about 30 days. I get the feeling that physiotherapists in the UK are a little more...
Back
Top Bottom