Recent content by Chelsea23

  1. C

    Bilateral PKR Been waiting for a decade for this news!

    Ask me any questions if you have them. Unlike many people on this site, I was very into and active with physio. I went into this an active person and I planned to return to an active lifestyle. I worked hard at it! I was actually told by my surgeon to ease off a bit. I had great range of motion...
  2. C

    Bilateral PKR Been waiting for a decade for this news!

    Wow! Two at once!!! I am now 12 weeks post op and definitely seeing why I did this! That's what my surgeon said - "You will know why you did this at about 12 weeks. Actually, I knew earlier. I went to the Holland Centre ( connected with Sunnybrook ). My surgeon was Dr. Tomescu. All the best to...
  3. C

    PKR Kiwigal Recovery Thread

    Hi @Kiwigal I am about 10 weeks as well. I had a patellofemoral replacement / partial. Yes, I have later learned that it is not necessarily an easier recovery when you do a partial than a full knee. I was very heavy on the physio from the start, but at six weeks my surgeon told me to ease off...
  4. C

    PKR Patella femoral replacement

    I had a patellofemoral as well on Sept. 2. How are you doing now?
  5. C

    PKR Patella femoral replacement

    Hello @swissviv I had a patellofemoral replacement as well! So good to hear your positive report. Mine was on Sept. 2nd and all seems pretty good so far other than some clicking! How are you doing now? Melissa ( Chelsea 23 )
  6. C

    PKR Vickie M's Recovery Diary

    Hello @Vickie M How has your healing gone? What kind of partial did you have?
  7. C

    PKR Successful Patellofemoral Arthroplasty (PKR)

    Thanks so much Sara61 for your update and story. I have read a lot of negative in regards to the patellofemoral anthroposty, so its soooo good to hear a success story - along with perspective on the "click". It is so helpful to hear from others who have gone through this! Much thanks for taking...
  8. C

    PKR Kiwigal Recovery Thread

    Just noticed our timing looks very similar! What kind of partial did you have?
  9. C

    PKR Kiwigal Recovery Thread

    I had a patellofemoral replacement 9 weeks ago. My surgeon told me to slow down as I was taking it too hard as well. That is definitely the hard part! I am up to walking for about 1/2 hour......slow and steadily. If you want to connect and share stories that would be great.
  10. C

    PKR Any others who had knee cap only replaced?

    I am now 9 weeks post patellofemoral anthroposty. Also looking for others who have had this procedure. Would be happy to hear about your experiences. I was told by my surgeon that I was pushing the recovery too hard. I am a bit of a workout junkie and needed that scolding!!!! I am doing my...
  11. C

    PKR Patello Femoral Replacement Scheduled for April 10th--Scared

    Hello LLL50, I am Chelsea23 and am now 9 weeks post p for a patellofemoral replacement. Not always easy to find people with that specific surgery - along with those who are super active and wih to remain so. How is it going? Have you had your surgery?
  12. C

    Bilateral PKR Been waiting for a decade for this news!

    Hi @Musclflex ! I am Canadian as well and now nine weeks post op, patellofemoral anthroposty. Where are you having your surgery done? Who is your surgeon?
  13. C

    PKR Successful Patellofemoral Arthroplasty (PKR)

    Right knee. Thanks so much for including me here!! This is great!
  14. C

    PKR Successful Patellofemoral Arthroplasty (PKR)

    Hello all from Canada! I had patellofemoral replacement on September 2nd 2020. I just found this site and have to say, I am reading a lot of sad posts about PFJ replacement. Not good for my anxiety levels, I must say. I would love to hear success stories! Please!!!! Perhaps it's the...
  15. C

    PKR Successful Patellofemoral Arthroplasty (PKR)

    Thanks so much for your reply and information!!! I had my surgery on September 2nd, 2020! Looking forward to hearing from others that had the same procedure. I know it is not that common!
Back
Top Bottom