Recent content by cheetahdriver

  1. cheetahdriver

    TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

    Brenda, The single wedge pillow did fine for me. The one I linked to is 12" high at the base. For the short time I was using a "pillow pile" I had troubles with them sliding off to the side. The wedge never did for me, and the 12" angle was high enough to get my knee above my heart.
  2. cheetahdriver

    TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

    Brenda, Might I suggest a wedge pillow? I bought this one https://www.amazon.com/InteVision-Wedge-Pillow-Quality-Removable/dp/B009HHLBKK/?tag=ate362da-20 and found it much better than a single king pillow.
  3. cheetahdriver

    PKR Right knee 9/24...so far so good...

    Just thought I would check back in with an 18 month update. The knee is just amazing. I am going up and down 4 flights of stairs without issue, I can and am walking 4 miles a day at 3 mph while typing on the walking desk. I can get in and out of the Miata without issue (although it is now my...
  4. cheetahdriver

    PKR Right knee 9/24...so far so good...

    I had hoped to give a 6 month report, but real life intruded a bit. So here I am at 6 and a half. I type this as I am walking on the treadmill desk at 2.5mph, with 2 miles just fading in the rearview mirror and 3 miles yet to come over the horizon. At 4 months, 2 miles was a bit of a trial, at 6...
  5. cheetahdriver

    PKR Right knee 9/24...so far so good...

    Ok, at number 9 I might be having problems with my usually sunny disposition. However, I will say that as long as there is a path forward and to improvement, I am good. It's when they say "That's as good as it's going to get" that I would be a bit peeved. At 4 months out, I am well satisfied...
  6. cheetahdriver

    PKR Right knee 9/24...so far so good...

    At a touch after 4 months and thought I would update. Knee continues to improve, and the swelling continues to go down, muscles are starting to poke back out again. Still doing trainer 3 times a week, we are starting to get more into regular exercises with the knee (although still working on ROM...
  7. cheetahdriver

    PKR Right knee 9/24...so far so good...

    Well, decided to put in the second video card in my desktop to drive the 3rd screen. Been meaning to do this for months, and decided today was the day. So down on both knees between the desk and the chair to get at the tower, and then reroute cables. Was feeling quite good about things as...
  8. cheetahdriver

    PKR Right knee 9/24...so far so good...

    One thing that did surprise me is that my Doc said I should keep icing the knee until it got down to exactly the same size as the other. I have some minimal swelling left, really only visible if you stretch them out beside each other, but she wanted me back on the ice packs. So, an icing we will...
  9. cheetahdriver

    PKR Right knee 9/24...so far so good...

    Survived Chrismas, now if I can make it past the drunks on New Years, I will be home free into 2014. Short travel for Christmas to my mother's, top down in 40 degree weather (an old tradition). Top back up for the way home, it is only fun for awhile. Knee is doing well, although still gets stiff...
  10. cheetahdriver

    PKR Right knee 9/24...so far so good...

    Well, I thought I would check back in at 3 months (+/-) after my 3 month followup at Mayo. I hit the first problem with Mayo on this trip, although I knew it would happen. It is located in Minnesota. MN has broken weather, I mean I got up, looked at my phone and it said 0. How can you have No...
  11. cheetahdriver

    PKR Right knee 9/24...so far so good...

    Well, I survived Thanksgiving (a near run thing). That afternoon though as I was finishing unpacking from the trip to my mother's, I went off a short step (about 2 inches) on the sidewalk (ok, it's new, we had it put in during the surgical trip, the sun was in my eyes and the dog ate my...
  12. cheetahdriver

    PKR Right knee 9/24...so far so good...

    Yes, if I could find a door from Oct 31 (now about the 15 as Christmas music and decorations seem to go up WITH Halloween this year) to Jan 2 (or better yet, a Door into Summer (hmm, sounds like a book title...)), I would take it in a heartbeat. The combination of the (mostly artificial) good...
  13. cheetahdriver

    PKR Right knee 9/24...so far so good...

    Well, my Doc was right (as usual). Inflaming the outside (human) half of the knee set me back a week (at least). On the other hand, not running to a schedule. but still irritated at myself for being an idiot. The rest of last week was simply rest and Ibuprofen. I am mostly off of it now, but...
  14. cheetahdriver

    PKR Right knee 9/24...so far so good...

    Well, today was pretty good, but the knee is still giving me some issues. Last night I figured out that I had inflamed the outer compartment of the knee in my stupid walk to the post box. As I was telling this to my wife I said "Human side" to which she rejoined "as opposed to BORG side??" I...
  15. cheetahdriver

    PKR Right knee 9/24...so far so good...

    The night was a bit rough, but I did get a full 8 hrs in. I suspect one of the reasons I wasn't in worse shape was that I had stopped all of the Tylenol and Ibuprofen the day before, and so I was getting the unfiltered messages from the knee. The trip back was pretty slow.. This morning seems to...
Back
Top Bottom