Recent content by Chauncy

  1. Chauncy

    Chauncy's Pre-Knee Replacement Jitters

    Thanks for your advice about getting a second opinion. I have thought about it. I'm going to see how I do over the next couple weeks. If I can't get some downhill momentum going in the weight department, then I will see someone else. I didn't get another date or a target date, so I went to a...
  2. Chauncy

    Chauncy's Pre-Knee Replacement Jitters

    Okay, I went to my pre-op appointment last week and I only lost seven pounds over the holidays, so they cancelled my surgery! I'm pretty bummed out and having a little pity party right now, but am planning to get back to My Fitness Pal to log my food and exercise, and The Flat Belly Diet which...
  3. Chauncy

    Chauncy's Pre-Knee Replacement Jitters

    Thanks darrryl! It sounds like you're having a great recovery! I was hoping I would be able to get around better after my surgery and that would help me to lose weight, but I was at my pre-op appointment last week and they cancelled my surgery because I'm too fat! Next step is to lose around...
  4. Chauncy

    2017 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    My February 13th surgery has been cancelled. My BMI needs to be 40 or less, so until further notice, I'm off the schedule. Not a happy camper!
  5. Chauncy

    Chauncy's Pre-Knee Replacement Jitters

    Thanks for the correction. I was referring to a recovery thread. Hopefully I am using this thread correctly.
  6. Chauncy

    2017 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    Trike17, I can relate to your being nervous. Asking lots of questions about post-op PT may help ease some of your worries. I'm overweight, too, and have been told by a few people who are overweight and have had this procedure that it wasn't an issue. (Even though we know it would be much easier...
  7. Chauncy

    Chauncy's Pre-Knee Replacement Jitters

    Crstysue, It is nice here, and I've got a great guy to help me with my recuperation, too! I like B'ham, too. A cozy big city. Do you have a blog? I'm hoping to post my progress and it would be nice to compare notes, as our surgeries will be only a couple weeks apart. I've got my pre-op this...
  8. Chauncy

    Chauncy's Pre-Knee Replacement Jitters

    Jen, You may have a point about not having much prior surgical experience being a good thing. My three arthroscopies were a piece of cake, just uncomfortable from swelling. I have so much confidence in my surgeon, so I'm doing better - the PeerWell meditations may be helping with my anxiety...
  9. Chauncy

    2017 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    LinKay, I've been nervously avoiding doing this, too, but I'm with you, walking is difficult, so it's time. That's cool you are getting both done so close together so you can get all your rehab done at once! Keep us posted!
  10. Chauncy

    2017 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    Sasha1, I'm going in the day before you, so we'll both be spending Valentines Day in the hospital! I agree, this pain stuff is for the birds! Hopefully, we can compare notes and recoup together. Stay strong and healthy!
  11. Chauncy

    2017 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    Hi Dons! I'm scheduled for my Left TKR the day before you, so we'll have to compare notes! I've have two arthroscopies on that knee and one on my right, I can't remember how many injections I've had over the last 20 years, and my last synvisc injections were quite painful, too (both knees and...
  12. Chauncy

    Chauncy's Pre-Knee Replacement Jitters

    Hi Josephine, Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I weigh just under 260 and am 5'2. I do have a lot of muscle, and have been exercising my quads occasionally (I can feel hard muscle when I flex) I think I'm at close to 46% fat. I did read your recoveries, and they were quite informative...
  13. Chauncy

    2017 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    I'm having my left knee done on the 13th. Sometimes I don't have much pain, but when I go to walk, even a short distance, I can barely get my legs to work and it feels like I'm getting whacked with a baseball bat. I'm looking forward to getting my life back! I put so many things on hold because...
  14. Chauncy

    2017 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    I'm on the 13th, so let's keep each other updated!
  15. Chauncy

    Chauncy's Pre-Knee Replacement Jitters

    Celle, Thank you for your kind words of encouragement and the great information. RMasano, you're correct, the extra weight does make it difficult to walk and being in pain so much makes me just want to not move so it doesn't hurt more. I'm really hoping the replacements will take away the pain...
Back
Top Bottom