Recent content by Chattalyn

  1. C

    Bilateral TKR Chattalyn-6 months-still use cane for gait

    Thanks. I'm trying that for a few days.
  2. C

    Bilateral TKR Chattalyn-6 months-still use cane for gait

    For the last few days I've been having knee pain on both knees-on the front-all around and including under the kneecap. Wondered if might be patella tendinitis or just muscles aggravated from too many stairs, mopping, walking on uneven ground, who knows what! Has anybody else had this?
  3. C

    Bilateral TKR Chattalyn-6 months-still use cane for gait

    ALMOST 2 YEARS Still seeing changes in this 2nd year of recovery - especially with stairs. Walked on a trail with hills that I would not have been able to do for the last few years. Went to the beach and walked in the sand. And flew for the first time in 20 years. Atlanta and San Jose-got up to...
  4. C

    Bilateral TKR Chattalyn-6 months-still use cane for gait

    ALMOST 16 MONTHS What a difference a year plus makes. I'm so grateful to all the bonesmarties-the advice, the stories. In looking back I have had 3 arthroscopes and was knock kneed for several years before surgery. Bilateral knees, lateral releases on both, bone spurs removed. Six days in...
  5. C

    Bilateral TKR 9 months post op and new pain<^

    I think maybe you're pushing too hard also. My surgeon said up to 2 years to recover.
  6. C

    Bilateral TKR "There is joint effusion"

    I used the big ice packs. You can get on Amazon-big enough to wrap around knee. They felt wonderful.
  7. C

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    RE post #1223 - I don't think my issues are just from my lateral releases. I just still have that achy-stiffness all around the knee area. I'm thinking as muscles get stronger and I walk more, it will get better. My orthopedic actually said up to 2 years recovery. And my PCP has been wonderful...
  8. C

    Bilateral TKR "There is joint effusion"

    ROM will continue to improve. I had bilateral, was in hospital 6 days(needed blood transfusion), rehab for 5 days. I also had lateral releases on both and bone spurs removed and was still using a walker for my gait at your stage. Slow and steady does work. You'll keep seeing improvements. Reread...
  9. C

    Bilateral TKR Chattalyn-6 months-still use cane for gait

    10 MONTHS Just checking in. Seeing progress every week or two. Stairs are easier, but use cane if I go out for stairs in case there's not a railing, or I have uneven ground. Have been trying to walk more. Using recumbent bike at the Y is easier. Yesterday I did 5 minutes on the elliptical and...
  10. C

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    I did some walking in a warm pool around 7 months after BTKR and it felt good. I should have started with only 10-15 minutes though. I was a little sore after but it went away.
  11. C

    Knee Infection* Three surgeries to clean out infection

    Continued hugs and prayers coming your way!
  12. C

    Knee Infection* Three surgeries to clean out infection

    I've read thru your journey and am sending you hugs and prayers. I'm sorry you're so far away from family and friends. I'm glad things are healing well. It helped me to keep a journal and write down what was going on every day or so. And I echo what Pumpkin said in post 107 about asking to see...
  13. C

    Bilateral TKR Chattalyn-6 months-still use cane for gait

    I'm doing fine but, just need to vent----in church this morning, I put my legs up on a chair in front of my pew-cause it feels better after a music practice beforehand. In chatting with a lady about TKR, she said "shouldn't you be well by now?" Why do I feel the need to explain-everybody heals...
  14. C

    TKR Phrog's Great Expectations - Downgraded a Little<

    What a good description of the way a "normal" person walks! I so look forward to being able to do that.
  15. C

    Bilateral TKR Chattalyn-6 months-still use cane for gait

    @Jockette I hadn't even thought of being knocked down by the waves. :chinstroke:
Back
Top Bottom