Recent content by charlie cyborg

  1. charlie cyborg

    THR It's been some time since....

    Hi Sarah, Thanks for the condolences. Jasper was a Hungarian Vizsla (pronounced VEESHLA), related to the Weimeraner, but his colour was described as Russett Gold .... sort of nutty ginger. Just put 'Vizla' into google images you'll see what I mean! Good to hear you're doing so well ..... and...
  2. charlie cyborg

    THR It's been some time since....

    Hi Sarah, I'll second that sentiment ......when do you start the modelling job!!? Family is good thank you, my Father-in-Law now has his own place so does live with us any more .... but my wife still insists on taking him our home cooked food every week! Sorry to say that my soul mate Jasper...
  3. charlie cyborg

    Revision THR Has anyone ever heard of late onset metal hypersensitivity in a ceramic on ceramic hip

    Hi JZ, MUD MUD MUD!!! Seems like your neck of the woods in Vermont and my neck of the woods in Buckinghamshire has it in common!! About six or so weeks ago after the wettest Winter in the UK ever the trails were starting to dry out beautifully. We even had ones with dust!! After the soggy...
  4. charlie cyborg

    THR It's been some time since....

    Hi Y'old Hippies, Thanks for the replies ....... Great catching up with old friends and it's great to re-read some of the old threads ....it brings it all back.... nostalgia ah it's not what it used to be!! Did you do the GNR yet Annie??? Cardie walnuts still aren't safe around me!! HI...
  5. charlie cyborg

    Revision THR Has anyone ever heard of late onset metal hypersensitivity in a ceramic on ceramic hip

    HEY JOHN!!!!!! I'm so pleased that you're doing your 5k's .....hopefully on soft pine needles? I used to run back in the old days with my Perthean hip (even did 5 & 10k races) .... it always hurt like Hades but it was the most efficient way of exercising when I was travelling! To be honest I...
  6. charlie cyborg

    Revision THR Has anyone ever heard of late onset metal hypersensitivity in a ceramic on ceramic hip

    Hi John @Z15 , It's Charlie (Cyborg)! I was searching for some info on the forum yesterday ( I suddenly realised it's excellent diary) and couldn't resist reading some of the old posts, it was then that I noticed under your avatar mention of your revisions!! I feel terrible that I hadn't...
  7. charlie cyborg

    THR It's been some time since....

    Hi all recovering hipsters, It's well over two years since my operation(s) and I've not posted for more than a year .... probably as there's very little to say about my THR recovery ... except that it's progressing well and most of the time I totally forget I've ever had an operation at all...
  8. charlie cyborg

    THR Anniepops THR Recovery

    Hi Ann, Thanks for the laughter ..... do you do that often or is it when you read my posts? Not a lot of improvement but it's early days and some days are better than others, especially when I've been out on my bike, afterwards I'm quite flexible (comparitively). It's because my muscles have...
  9. charlie cyborg

    THR Anniepops THR Recovery

    Hi Ann, My own lack of flexibility would fall into the area between "it's a lot better than it was" and "not as good as I'd like"! No I can't get my op leg foot onto my other knee either .... but I think with daily stretching which, as I said I'd been neglecting by favouring muscle building...
  10. charlie cyborg

    THR Anniepops THR Recovery

    Hi Ann, I tried the 'Butterfly' before I went biking yesterday and I was .....PATHETIC!!! I couldn't get my operated leg anywhere near where it 'should' be. I have to say tho' after a strenuous session on the bike and a good stretch I was a little better. I must work harder on flexibility I'd...
  11. charlie cyborg

    We can rebuild him ..... 2

    Hi Cardie & JOSEPHINE!!! Thanks for your messages .... sorry Jo I'm still a bit at 6s & 7s! Tonight was Smoked Salmon hash with dill and streaky bacon and poached eggs, I don't actually eat eggs (long story) so had extra bacon .... poor me!! How clever of you Cardie to remember the Spring...
  12. charlie cyborg

    THR Anniepops THR Recovery

    Hi Ann, Just caught up on the last page of your thread, sounds like you're having fun on the floor! I've got the same problem, as I suspect most of us hippies have, about sitting up straight on the floor without arching my back. I think in my case it's that the hamstring at the back of my...
  13. charlie cyborg

    We can rebuild him ..... 2

    Hi Sandipoppet, Annipops and JZeeypops ....although we'd say JZedypops! It's really great to hear from my old hippie friends, I didn't realise how much I'd missed you folks! John I just knew from the start you'd be jogging again....how's the soccer? Ann & Cuz how are you doing? .... sorry...
  14. charlie cyborg

    We can rebuild him ..... 2

    Thanks for all your messages of sympathy.... he was a Hungarian Vizsla and as a hunting hound had that great pose when sniffing the air, head high, back straight and the front leg bent at the elbow ready to go! Yes I have great memories (bitter sweet!). Sarah you're so right .... it's not fair...
  15. charlie cyborg

    We can rebuild him ..... 2

    Hi all, It's been just over twelve months since my op and I'm pleased to report that everything is hunky dory!! Saw my surgeon last week and the x-rays show everything in the right place so they don't want to see me again ... unless I have a problem! Just back from an hour and a half's route...
Back
Top Bottom