Recent content by Cello luv

  1. Cello luv

    Welcome to the July Sparklers 2022 Knee Recovery Club

    I’d like to be added as well: right TKR on 7/18/22.
  2. Cello luv

    TKR New member, muddling my way through...

    I'm at 5+ weeks post op and my ROM continues to improve. I do PT 3 times a week and it is a conservative program: helpful, not hurtful. I have a new difficulty, a flare up of sciatica in my non-surgery leg. I had a laminectomy 2 1/2 years ago for stenosis and a pinched nerve and the sciatica...
  3. Cello luv

    TKR New member, muddling my way through...

    I'm at 4+ weeks post op and continue to improve. And I credit the advice I got here with the careful consistency of my healing. The most helpful things have been: icing frequently and for a long time, rest, gentle PT, and moving/walking around frequently (for me it's been mostly indoors because...
  4. Cello luv

    TKR New member, muddling my way through...

    How often should I be icing at 4+ weeks post op? On a regular schedule or just as needed? (@vinny - I read about the Ma concert. I assume you attended? How wonderful!) Kiki in VA
  5. Cello luv

    TKR New member, muddling my way through...

    I have such a hard time standing - my surgery knee really hurts when I put weight on it for very long. I assume that will improve as I heal. And my sleeping is not great yet but I have slept 5-6 hours straight the last couple of nights. I try to nap to make up the difference. I had my 2nd...
  6. Cello luv

    TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

    Hey, Karen - I've struggled also with aggressive PT and just switched therapists. I first interviewed the new one and asked questions about her approach to TKR and if she would respond to my limitations. I was satisfied with the answers and I read some favorable reviews of the PT practice. I...
  7. Cello luv

    TKR New member, muddling my way through...

    Yes, I found a new PT - I asked lots of questions before I started with her. And I'm very pleased! A much more measured and careful approach and I don't suffer through the exercises and in recovery afterwards. I saw my surgeon today for my 4 week post op and he thought I was doing great and was...
  8. Cello luv

    TKR New member, muddling my way through...

    "Heavens, your leg is wounded, not lazy!" Thanks, @Celle.
  9. Cello luv

    TKR New member, muddling my way through...

    It is so helpful to gain perspective from others who have had this surgery and been through this recovery - and not just from professionals who, though they mean well, have not gone through this themselves. It does seem that the main motivation used is fear of not doing enough and missing a...
  10. Cello luv

    TKR New member, muddling my way through...

    Yes - the intensity of my physical therapy feels like it's too much too soon. Not only am I only 3+ weeks post op but pre op I was unable to walk or exercise much for 6 months. I don't have much of a foundation of fitness to build on. I'm planning to change physical therapists next week after I...
  11. Cello luv

    TKR New member, muddling my way through...

    I hope to start driving again soon. What's the benchmark for that? I thought that once I dropped Oxy and was just on hydrocodone that I would be able to drive. (My surgery leg is my left.)
  12. Cello luv

    TKR New member, muddling my way through...

    I'm still concerned about how strenuous my PT is. I had a 45 minute outpatient session yesterday and felt okay during it - but afterwards I just wilted with exhaustion and my surgery leg hurt. And that pain continued all night and all through the day today. All I could do today was ice it and...
  13. Cello luv

    TKR New member, muddling my way through...

    My swelling is not bad. And I have to use a pillow under my knee sometimes when I'm lying down - it is impossible to get comfortable without it. I just make sure I'm doing other things to get that knee straight. And it continues to improve. But I rarely if ever find a comfortable position for my...
  14. Cello luv

    TKR New member, muddling my way through...

    How do you get comfortable enough to sleep? I cannot seem to ever find a comfortable position and thus, I don't get much sleep. Does anyone have some tips on sleep? Kiki from VA Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  15. Cello luv

    TKR New member, muddling my way through...

    Thanks for the advice. I plan to pace myself a bit less aggressively. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom