Recent content by CCinPA

  1. CCinPA

    TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

    @ritaxis- I have been known to slide down the stairs on my butt. :no-fin:
  2. CCinPA

    TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

    6 weeks out and not off meds yet. Every day gets better but the first month for me I never imagined skipping a dose.
  3. CCinPA

    TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

    @louie- Are you saying your knees both buckled AFTER TKR??
  4. CCinPA

    TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

    I'm trying to do that now, @louie. I'm also doing the quad exercises so I'm not behind the 8 ball for next surgery. I have no meniscus in either place so not much is holding me together. My sister jokes that McGyver should get in there and hold it together with a bobby pin and a stick of gum.:idea:
  5. CCinPA

    TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

    First buckle in 6 weeks- not bad. They both buckled for years. Often while I was teaching. I officially am back to crawling up the steps with my hands- the left leg can't take it and the right isn't ready. I'm worried the left will buckle and I'll fall and mess up the right. :bawl: Thanks, @skigirl!
  6. CCinPA

    TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

    @KarriB My plan for left knee is May if it can hold out til then. I don't see that happening, though.
  7. CCinPA

    TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

    @skigirl Now I don't have any leg to stand on (new topic) My rtkr was 6/23. Started out as a btkr but had a cut on left knee. Left knee is bad but not as bad as right. My left knee has miraculously been holding up like a champ for 4 weeks, doing most of the work, helping me lift the right. I...
  8. CCinPA

    TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

    I'm in the NE suburbs of Philly, about 60 miles out. Too far to drive at this stage and trust me, these boys are not the museum types. They really just would be happy playing on the ps4 all day. My 20 year old just came home from summer job at college so for 3 weeks she hopefully will be able...
  9. CCinPA

    TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

    I appreciate everyone's responses. I guess it's just draining having them here all day everyday. My stepsons are from out of town so they don't have friends here. None of my friends have sons so that's not an option for them. They play video games all day but the living room is just feet from my...
  10. CCinPA

    TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

    Week 5 rtkr. 5 weeks in recliner in my room semi-supervising two new stepsons (12,14) and my high maintenance 14 year old daughter who has ADHD. I make their meals, walk through house to check on them and get exercise a few times...they get me ice, and every single time I start to doze off from...
  11. CCinPA

    Bilateral TKR July 1 LHop - Bilateral TKR Recovery Thread

    Hi Josephine! The trike in my avatar is a "get well" gift from my awesome husband. The week before surgery I sent him a text, joking, with a picture of a pink one. I said "ooh! I want this!" (It's pink, my fave color.) So two days after surgery he was gone all morning, I had no idea where he...
  12. CCinPA

    Bilateral TKR July 1 LHop - Bilateral TKR Recovery Thread

    I managed to sleep on my stomach at eight months pregnant. Don't ask me how but I did it. Docs couldn't believe it. So I contorted myself a week after TKR surgery to sleep on my stomach with my right leg turned to the side and knee on a pillow. It worked but when I woke up I paid for it!!! Back...
  13. CCinPA

    Bilateral TKR July 1 LHop - Bilateral TKR Recovery Thread

    :swoon:Whew! I thought I was alone! My whole body jerks lately! Oh the little joys and surprises of post TKR!
  14. CCinPA

    TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

    Thank you all for your helpful advice and insight! -I ice around five or six times a day -I use the cane and walker -After 3.5 weeks the mind-blowing pain subsided a bit when doc, at my request, gave me Percocet 10 because 5 wasn't touching the pain. Percocet knocks me out so I spend a good deal...
  15. CCinPA

    TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

    Hi! I'm Claudia. I'm from suburban Philadelphia. (I couldn't post in the other forum so I hope this is the right one.)Five weeks out RTKR and still saying "Why did I do this??" I'm 46, suffered with arthritis since college, deterioration of cartilage since age 13. No meds in hospital helped...
Back
Top Bottom