Recent content by Cat Lady

  1. C

    TKR 8 weeks out and still in pain

    I am 8 weeks post-op too. I am still on sick leave until 12 weeks which I am very grateful for. I get pain on and off but mainly if I overdo it which seems to be happening regularly. You feel better so you do more and then you have overdone it. If you are working already, you would be exhausted...
  2. C

    TKR Referred pain?

    I think my knee is a bit inflamed too as it is swollen and sore on one side maybe because I might have been overdoing it with the gardening projects even though I was limiting myself to 2 hours per day with lots of rest afterwards. Anyways I am going back to basics- icing and physio and taking...
  3. C

    TKR Referred pain?

    Thanks everyone.
  4. C

    TKR Referred pain?

    I am six weeks post TKR and just started to notice in the past week, after all my physio was done, that the new knee is clicking and popping every time I bend it. It does not hurt but it is sort of annoying. The OS said it is scar tissue that would rectify itself and he said it looked okay on...
  5. C

    when do you give up and surrender?

    I had torn my knee and had it repaired by arthroscopy too but it did not much good and within a year I was told I had bone rubbing on bone and needed a full knee replacement. I had the knee replacement done 4 weeks ago and have very little knee pain (but have had back issues) and a good ROM (124...
  6. C

    TKR Referred pain?

    Joanne, I hear you loud and clear about the back pain being worse than the knee pain- same with me. Another lady in my PT group has it too so it seems to be common enough. I keep doing my exercises and yoga and it seems to be getting better slowly but it is making it hard to sleep or feel...
  7. C

    TKR Righty Tighty

    Hey Righty Tighty- enjoying your detailed story and looking forward to next installment.
  8. C

    TKR Referred pain?

    Have gone back on the hydromrophines from the OS as of last night because the pain was too intense. Feel a lot better today but a bit groggy. Doing a marathon of Lost on Netflix. Did my yoga and back exercises so the back pain is receding as well. Decided to order Chinese food instead of cooking...
  9. C

    TKR Referred pain?

    Thanks everyone. Chicklady hang in there, it has to get better. I think I will call my doctor tomorrow. I am just surprised that my back seems to more of an issue than my knee in a lot of ways. I think I will need a lot of physio as I was walking very badly before- hunched over and touching down...
  10. C

    TKR Referred pain?

    Thanks everyone. Chicklady hang in there, it has to get better. I think I will call my doctor tomorrow. I am just surprised that my back seems to more of an issue than my knee in a lot of ways. I think I will need a lot of physio as I was walking very badly before- hunched over and touching down...
  11. C

    TKR Referred pain?

    Had my surgery on Tuesday and was laid up for 2 days on my back which reactivated an existing back problem that I usually control with yoga and exercise. Now I can only do some of the regular exercises so my lower back is hurting in addition to my knee or I am wondering if it could be referred...
  12. C

    2015 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

    Thanks Chicklady, my surgery went well and good pain control so far. post when you can and ley us know how you are doing.
  13. C

    March 24th RTKR - can hardly wait, LTKR was 19th August 2014

    my surgery went well. I was calm but nervous about it. in the hospital now and good pain control so far. good luck.
  14. C

    March 24th RTKR - can hardly wait, LTKR was 19th August 2014

    I am having mine the same day, March 24. Good luck!
  15. C

    2015 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

    March 24 for right knee replacement.
Back
Top Bottom