Recent content by Cassidy

  1. Cassidy

    THR Herts hippy recovery

    Hello @HertsHippy and @Constanze - I had my op in July 2018 and I was just saying to a friend, who's had the op more recently, that I felt that 14 - 15 months was my real turning point - although the op went well, and recovery was fairly smooth (although I did go backwards at one stage when I...
  2. Cassidy

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    I think you're suffering more than me @bickypeg, but then you have had both hips done - so potentially double the trouble! Like you my pain comes and goes with no real explanation. I'm finding the stretches are helping, although sometimes the discomfort is sharp and does stop me in my tracks...
  3. Cassidy

    THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

    Sorry to hear you're uncomfortable @Calgal, but I think 11 weeks is quite early on in recovery. I've had a look at your posts, @bickypeg, and I'm trying to do the stretches throughout the day (not the ones on the bed when I'm at work though!). Things have been a bit better this weekend, but I...
  4. Cassidy

    THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

    Thank you all for your responses, @bickypeg, @Fit4Family and @Layla. Sorry for the delay in replying, but it's been a hectic couple of days. I've now decided that my leg plays up if I've either stood, or sat, too long in one position. Once I get moving again it sometimes passes after a couple...
  5. Cassidy

    THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

    Thank you for the tip about the spiky ball @Josephine - I'll give one a go. I didn't realise the Hardinge approach was such old hat - my surgeon went out to Canada or some such to study the latest techniques, so I didn't realise he'd stick with the tried and tested! Seems to have worked well...
  6. Cassidy

    THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

    Hello @linette333 - I'm sorry to hear that your troubles started so soon after your op, although I had a short area patch in the early says when my thigh muscles played up, but this passed and I was trouble free for some time until my latest episode. It seems to be a very up and down process...
  7. Cassidy

    THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

    Thank you @Josephine. I'm icing at this very moment, - I try to do at least 45 minutes or so each evening, and again in the day when I'm not at work, and will add elevating into the mix (shame I passed on my recliner!). I can certainly take the paracetamol if you think they would help - I...
  8. Cassidy

    THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

    Hello @Josephine Yes, your chart is pretty accurate, although I notice this morning that the tenderness extends up to TL2B. 1. I had the anterolateral (Hardinge) approach 2. When sitting, pain is negligible (a 1 - 2 soreness in the side/top of my buttock), sometimes nil when walking, but...
  9. Cassidy

    THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

    Yes, thank you @Josephine The pain is generally around ZL2F, YL2F, YL1F, XL1F, WL1F, VL1F and WL1B and VL2B. I'm more than happy to answer any questions. (The pain is mostly shooting and only when I put weight on the leg, unless it graduates to a dull burning ache.)
  10. Cassidy

    THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

    Talking about weight bearing @SurreyGirl , I'm also trying to lose some weight, as I've put some on since my op - less stress, etc., so despite the extra walking around, I'm getting heavier, which can't be good for the joint! The more I read about iliotibial band syndrome, the more my symptoms...
  11. Cassidy

    THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

    Thanks @SurreyGirl - you're one of my peers that I follow now and again! No, I didn't get as far as the yoga, as it was suggested to me that Pilates might suit better. I'm swimming when I can (fitting it in around work) and was Scottish dancing in term time, although that's packed up for the...
  12. Cassidy

    THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

    It's been a while since I last wrote on my page, but I've dropped by now and again. I just wanted to tag @Josephine to ask for some advice, please. Josephine, my progress was textbook up until a couple of months or so ago. However, I noticed a couple of months ago that sometimes when I'd...
  13. Cassidy

    THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

    Thank you very much for your replies @luvsibes and @Alitm - sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but my daughter treated me to a drawing class at the British Museum on Sunday, and yesterday was catching up with friends, so I've only just looked on here. (I'm appreciating being able to...
  14. Cassidy

    THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

    Yes, thank you @Mojo333. I've had a very busy few weeks, including a trip to New York - somewhere I've wanted to visit for a long time, and which involved a lot of walking - something I couldn't have done a couple of years ago. Ironically my hip held up well and it was my feet that were...
  15. Cassidy

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    I was interested to read your comment about the possibility of your joining a beginners yoga class @SurreyGirl. I was told about an online 30-day yoga course, which sounded interesting, but I was concerned that I might get into positions that don't suit a hip replacement. I wonder if anybody...
Back
Top Bottom