Recent content by Cass1e

  1. C

    TKR Almost ready

    Just popping in to wish you the very best for your surgery tomorrow. I really think that the anxiety the day before is the very worse part of the whole thing. Once this day is over and you get to the hospital a type of calm takes over, I felt I was in charge again and could cope with it all...
  2. C

    TKR 3 Weeks tomorrow....

    Just popping back over to this side to send my thoughts to anyone waiting for that second knee surgery. No-one could have been more worried than me, the thought of going through all that again and was my knee so bad to really warrant that? Now, 4 weeks later, I am still having trouble believing...
  3. C

    TKR Cass1e Recovery from Right Knee

    Why does this knee hate ice so much? Last time, ice and elevation always felt wonderful and I could rest there for a good hour. It was also summer time. This time, an ice-pack really is uncomfortable, despite so many layers of cloth, and going in the car my knee needs wrapping in a thick...
  4. C

    TKR Muscle spasm?

    Just to say I found the saran wrap idea very useful indeed, my 1st knee would not tolerate any bed clothes what-so-ever. But just using the cling film for a few nights solved the problem so easily. This second knee loves been all wrapped up in a snuggly blanket, but it is my ankle that hates a...
  5. C

    TKR New aches and pains

    oh, just found your post and wishing you all the best for Saturday
  6. C

    TKR Fat leg

    Ohh, I'm a bit behind you and I find trying to rest on my side is more of a balancing act than a relaxation, so will give a folded duvet a try. Yes those zingers can be evil at times, and I give an involuntary yelp that startles everyone, especially my grand-daughter. Adjusting how long recovery...
  7. C

    TKR Cass1e Recovery from Right Knee

    Aaggghhh, I can hear my husband on his phone telling someone I'm two weeks into recovery, but by 6 weeks I should be back to normal!!!! This is my second knee too, and we all know how long the recovery takes in the real world.... heavens above.
  8. C

    TKR Winter Replacements (colder months)

    Hi Sara61, I found my first knee very sensitive for months last year, this one (now 2 weeks old) just doesn't care! I can rub it and touch the whole area quite happily, thick blankets and quilts are no problem. I have been gifted a weighted blanket! Its so heavy I can barely lift it without...
  9. C

    TKR Cass1e Recovery from Right Knee

    Clips are out, and my sickliness gone, but I have no appetite whatsoever, and I know I'm eating rubbish-all carbs and no protein. The Zingers are here with a vengeance, they were never as vicious as this last time. Back in my own house, and I can get up and downstairs by myself so I feel more...
  10. C

    TKR Muscle spasm?

    My clips came out on Tuesday too, very quick and easy, too small to count how many there were so I hope she got em all! Nausea has gone thanks to my gp altering my medications for me. See you got your covid booster too, I've been stalling on arranging mine, not too sure why though. Just need to...
  11. C

    TKR Cass1e Recovery from Right Knee

    Oh what a long and boring day this has been. Husband wanted me to get up and clean for him. I really can't be bothered, so I am getting the silent treatment along with my dry bread or burnt toast routine. We each have our own house and I can't wait to get back to mine, was hoping to stick it...
  12. C

    TKR Cass1e Recovery from Right Knee

    Got my meds changed this morning, so hopefully should get rid of this nausea. Finally ventured down stairs a couple of times too, so things are going in the right direction? I'm delighted to report that zingers are coming very frequently, uncomfortable they may be, but I remember them as a...
  13. C

    TKR Muscle spasm?

    Hi just spotted your first posts. I"m in the uk and an NHS patient of roughly the same age. I had my surgery on tues 26th, just 2 days before you and was discharged on that thursday. The main difference is that this was my 2nd knee and I was well aware of what to expect. I didn't find this...
  14. C

    TKR New aches and pains

    I was very similar to you, on waiting list for right new knee, when left one suddenly flared up from being absolutely fine to not being able to walk from house door to kerbside (about 30 steps). My surgeon was brilliant and agreed to change plans to replace my left one even though he felt my...
  15. C

    TKR Cass1e Recovery from Right Knee

    It's 3am, and I'm awake, very rare for me. The knee pain is exactly as (and where!) it was last time, so I'm not concerned about that. Its nausea that is bothering me, I haven't been sick, but wow my tummy wants to be. Doctors appts are impossible to get at present in the UK. So I persuaded...
Back
Top Bottom