Recent content by Caspa

  1. C

    Knee Infection* CABLAND's 11/13/2023 LTKR Recovery

    I would ask them to culture the tissue after clean up just to be sure the infection is gone. I really hope this next procedure works for you!!!
  2. C

    THR Petrified

    If it were me, I'd attempt to get a second opinion, possibly with an MRI. Easier said than done, I know. I'm learning, after two joint replacements, that most surgeons are one trick ponies and really aren't interested past a good looking X-ray. I also don't think they keep up with the current...
  3. C

    THR Caspa's January RTHA Recovery

    Thanks for asking. I just had the three month follow up with the surgeon. He did an X-ray of my knee and of course it looked fine. My back flared up terribly last week and I'm taking muscle relaxers now for that. It's making walking difficult so I'm not able to go more than around 20 minutes at...
  4. C

    THR Caspa's January RTHA Recovery

    Yea, the back thing has been lifelong. I had emergency surgery for a blown out disc when I was 40 and have been doing the pillow thing ever since. Runs in the family and could be worse. My brother has had 4 spine surgeries! So while disappointing, it's not surprising. It's this dang knee that...
  5. C

    THR Caspa's January RTHA Recovery

    Hello all. So I'm 10 weeks post surgery and my hip is doing reasonably well. Strength and stretching exercises really help but with this weather, I'm not walking as much as I should be. Some of my back pain has returned which is a bit disappointing but not surprising considering all the spine...
  6. C

    Hip Arthroscopy 3 yrs. post op and exercise has not made much difference

    Hi Frogger. I just had my hip replaced 8 weeks ago. I have a really messed up back too. Stenosis, scoliosis, multiple herniations in all three sections with the worst being at L5-S1, arthritis etc. I had laminectomy for a major blow out at L4-L5 over 25 years ago. For the past few years I've had...
  7. C

    THR Ouch!

    My experience has also been very similar. I can walk without a cane but it hurts and my muscles feel so weak. I must have been using a completely different set while limping the past few years (and being way to sedentary). I expected recovery to be quicker but seems like this is normal. I've...
  8. C

    THR Caspa's January RTHA Recovery

    Ugh, Nini. Sounds like my post op experience. They couldn't do a spinal so when I woke up I hadn't been administered pain meds yet. Yikes! So they loaded me up with dilaudid and zolfran. Pain was controlled but I was so sick. When the nurse took me up to the suites after, we entered through the...
  9. C

    THR Nini's Right THR Recovery -- January 2024

    Do you have another follow up planned with the surgeon? At this point, I would want them to rule out any kind of nerve impingement. My recovery has been, in my mind, very slow, though from what I've read here, it's normal. However, my hip is a little better every week so I don't worry as long as...
  10. C

    THR Nini's Right THR Recovery -- January 2024

    I had that same pain but earlier in my recovery. It came on around week 3 but only lasted around a week or two. Hope yours resolves soon.
  11. C

    THR Caspa's January RTHA Recovery

    Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely not overdoing it. Sneakers are new. Always sleep with a pillow between my legs (for decades). I do need to have my legs measured. My right hip is definitely higher than my left but I don't know about leg length. My surgeon didn't mention special...
  12. C

    THR Caspa's January RTHA Recovery

    Hello everyone. Today is 7 weeks since my hip replacement. Some days I feel pretty good and others I still have a lot of discomfort. I'm still using a cane around 50% percent of the time. I don't need it for stability but it helps with the discomfort. The hip pain moves arounds so I'm not sure...
  13. C

    THR Caspa's January RTHA Recovery

    Like you, Penguin, I get ill from opioids but I was surprised to have such strong side effects from the celebrex and the longer I took it, the worse I felt. When the anxiety set in I knew something was wrong. It went away as soon as I stopped the medication. I have since read that is its a side...
  14. C

    THR Caspa's January RTHA Recovery

    Hello all. I just had my one month check up with the PA. Xray looks good. Gait looks good. Incision looks good. I've been making very slow progress in recovery, lots of knee pain, buttock pain, IT band pain but in the past two days I've really improved. It's amazing how much better I feel since...
  15. C

    THR THR 4.5 weeks ago, swelling a problem

    I was pretty swollen when I got home after surgery. Slept in a recliner for a week, elevated "toes above nose" half the day. We're fortunate to have an adjustable bed so once I was back in bed, I slept with the bottom half fully elevated (and still do). The swelling was gone in two weeks. Is...
Back
Top Bottom