Recent content by Carole4815

  1. Carole4815

    TKR Carole’s recovery thread

    @Steelergal , what a great post! I was nodding and thinking "yes, yes!" all the way through as I read it. (Edit: Yours, too ,@sondrals ! I hadn't yet seen yours when I wrote the previous sentence). I haven't had any ice cream for probably two years (because of my overweight), and I miss it. I...
  2. Carole4815

    TKR Carole’s recovery thread

    Thank you, @helenium !! I really think you understand and I hope you are right that we'll all get there. After two weeks of sleeping 7-9 hours per night, on a regular sleep schedule for the first time since surgery, last night and the night before I was only able to sleep for 3-4 hours because...
  3. Carole4815

    TKR Carole’s recovery thread

    I think the photo says it all, so much more eloquently than my words (which were written in a state of complete exhaustion). Getting out of the house, seeing nature, and feeling the wind on one's face (as you can see in the photo) is so important in lifting our spirits during recovery...
  4. Carole4815

    TKR Carole’s recovery thread

    Today a cold front came through. Yesterday's high was 80F, but today's high was 45F with very strong, gusty winds. That's very cold for this region in November! Despite all that, it didn't rain and it was even sunny most of the day. So, we went to the boat launch to see how high the waves were...
  5. Carole4815

    Revision TKR Hmm. Not thrilled with the revision yet

    :console2: Sometimes long lasting pain, even if not extreme, can be very difficult for us to endure.
  6. Carole4815

    TKR Tykey's second knee replacement

    This sounds like a good thing to be trying at this point in recovery. I have had about three weeks longer to recover than you have. Just in the past few weeks I notice that I don't have to lean my car seat back, or slide it backwards, to get in and out of the car comfortably any more. That's...
  7. Carole4815

    TKR Carole’s recovery thread

    My sweetie already offered to walk with me, but I turned him down, thinking I'd rather prove to myself that I can be more independent than that. But, maybe I could tell him I changed my mind (at least for the first few tries). @luvcats , thanks. I tend to think I am the only person in the world...
  8. Carole4815

    TKR Success story

    I don't know what the weight limit might be, but I suspect it may be pretty individual. In my case, my new knee is stronger than my old one when I am lifting. I didn't ask my surgeon or PT about it, though. I like Jockette's answer of giving it time to see how it went, before trying something...
  9. Carole4815

    Revision TKR Hmm. Not thrilled with the revision yet

    Until six weeks I slept in my recliner, on my back. At six weeks I went back to sleeping in my bed. In bed, I sleep on my side, usually the non-surgical side. I keep the leg on the bottom fairly straight, and bend the surgical leg (the one on top) at the knee. At first, I laid my surgical leg...
  10. Carole4815

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    You never said so (or I missed it?) but was your surgery a Total Knee Replacement (TKR)? If so, then I agree with others here that it just takes time and that your exercise routine seems awfully rigorous and may be part of the problem. It's hard to be patient but surely you have noticed fairly...
  11. Carole4815

    TKR Carole’s recovery thread

    Thanks, everybody. :) More rambling: I do feel that I have my life back, (finally!). The thing is, there are still activities that I don't do because for years I have become accustomed to being less active than most people my age. Recovery from here on out should (and probably will) consist...
  12. Carole4815

    TKR Carole’s recovery thread

    Seems I am posting less, lately. I feel like my recovery is coming along nicely and I am able to do everything I want to do, as long as I don't overdo. I have been going to the gym, mostly for the seated elliptical which my knee likes, but I have also used the Nustep crosstrainer and the arm...
  13. Carole4815

    Bilateral TKR Pain!!!

    Don't be afraid! It may not turn out too badly. At least, it didn't for me. When I saw my OS for my seven week checkup, I had just quit PT in anger a week before. Details on my thread. It was his PT facility, too, and my ROM was awful, 85/17 so my extension was/is abysmal. I was pretty scared...
  14. Carole4815

    TKR Carole’s recovery thread

    I got a cheap watch style pedometer from Amazon today to track my steps, now that I have steps to track! :rofsign: I'm not talking 10,000 steps here; I'm hoping for 500-1000 since I have been mobility impaired for so long. But time is on my side, and with a new knee I have what I need to get...
  15. Carole4815

    Bilateral TKR Where to begin, did too much?

    @marieltha , and @Tmgrl3 , that is the exact same seated elliptical that I like so much, the Octane. What a great machine, and if used carefully it can be very easy on a new knee.
Back
Top Bottom