Update on my knee. It swelled up on me on April 8th. That is the 7th time it has done that since July 2021. I sat down at a restaurant and had my knee bent. After a couple of minutes, I realized that I should not have my knee bent but it was too late. It swells up in a minute. Limped out of the...
Its been 7 months since my last post and my knee is still having issues.For the month of August it would swell up every three or 4 day. Dr. would drain it and it would swell again. Always when I was sitting down. Swelling would happen in a few minutes. When he drained it it would be complete...
I spoke with my surgeon today. He reviewed the CT scan with another surgeon and found no loose parts. I asked if there could be soft tissues catching inside the joint. He said the only way to tell would be to explore the joint. Opening and see if there are adhesions and soft tissues catching...
@Jamie Thanks for the reply Jamie. Could you locate a reconstruction specialist in either New Hampshire or Massachusetts? I would be willing to travel if my current surgeon cannot figure things out. I am not sure how to tag you so hoping whoever sees this message will be able to.
If there is no loose body in the joint would a revision specialist still be able to help if a revision is not needed? I have searched for a revision specialist and nothing comes up. It just brings up orthopedic surgeons. I guess I could find another top rated surgeon in my area for a second...
CT scan came back and it showed no loose body in the joint. Surgeon is going to review with another doctor for a second set of eyes. I guess it will be a life time issue. Makes no sense as it was perfectly fine for 18 months. I now regret ever having it done.
So I am still having issues with my knee and was hoping by chance someone may have an answer. I am pretty sure it is not from over using it. For the past month my knee has locked up on me 4 times and it happened when I was sitting down.
The first time I was driving and was fine before I got...
I went to my surgeon today. X rays showed no structural change. He did drain some blood as knee was swollen. He said I may have torn a vessel in knee causing the blood. Blood looked clean but he is doing a blood test to rule out infection. I never thought of an infection. Now just something else...
I am 55 years old. I had my left knee replaced in January of 2020. Everything went fine and recovery was fairly painless.
Over the weekend I was doing some clearing of our land and picked up heavy logs. I did this for three days and by the third day I was limping. I got into our car to drive...
I am 13 months post op. Surgery went great and I have had no issues until a few weeks ago. I am getting a burning sensation around the knee area. The skin seems sensitive. Could it be that the nerves are starting to heal? I have no swelling or redness. Is this common? Thanks.
I had TKR on Jan 3. 53 years old. Minimal pain after surgery. Finished PT a month ago and have been doing it on my own for the past month. Follow up visits with X-rays went well. I have no pain when I walk. I am able to do yard work and swing a golf club with no pain. However, recently I have...
I am scheduled for surgery in January. Has anybody has the minimal invasive replacement? Not sure if I believe my doctor that since I have a desk job I could be back to work in two weeks? Is it less painful than the traditional knee replacement?
Also, general question concerning knee...
53 year old male. Left knee bone to bone and arthritis. Schedule for knee replacement for 1/3/20 but not sure I will go thru with it. I have been reading too much on the intranet I guess! I am in some pain but it is not constant. I do walk with a limp but it is usually not too painful. Can sleep...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.